Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh! I just got the 2014 Odyssey and was glad that Honda supports Bluetooth audio streaming. The problem is the delay is super long and it doesn't appear to sync up like other devices. This isn't too big of a deal for audio only, but is impossible to deal with when you are playing a movie. For years, with my old after-market stereo, I've used Bluetooth audio streaming to let the kids watch movies on the Macbook without having deal with DVDs and wires everywhere.

Has anyone else figured out a fix? Is there any chance in the world that Honda will ever provide a way for us to send feedback like this to them?

Thanks for letting me vent,
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the blue tooth connection for Audio only. There is some overhead in encoding the audio, transmitting, and decoding it in the player. Bluetooth was deisgned as a 'low-energy-use' technology. I don't think its a problem Honda will solve. We have done the same as you, but have used the 1/8" AUX jack that should be located just below the 12v outlet on the drivers side.

Another solution would be on the software side on the laptop, using a software player that lets you add a video delay, different solution, but same result.

12.04 - Get rid of 0.5s latency when playing audio over Bluetooth with A2DP - Ask Ubuntu

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, CR-V owner here. Just spreading the word. The audio lag is caused a software bug affecting Acuras and Hondas. Here's a link to the relevant thread on the CRV board I'm on if interested: 2014 AWD LX - The Bluetooth audio delay is still there.

There's no firmware update for it at the moment. If it bugs you the way it bugs me, I suggest reporting it to your dealer and also opening a case with Honda Tech Support (Customer Service - Official Honda Web Site).

Enjoy the weekend!
View attachment 43633
Hi TheTardis
Any good news?

It drives me nuts too! It is my second Odyssey (both 2011) with the same problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates TheTa
Hi, CR-V owner here. Just spreading the word. The audio lag is caused a software bug affecting Acuras and Hondas. Here's a link to the relevant thread on the CRV board I'm on if interested: 2014 AWD LX - The Bluetooth audio delay is still there.

There's no firmware update for it at the moment. If it bugs you the way it bugs me, I suggest reporting it to your dealer and also opening a case with Honda Tech Support (Customer Service - Official Honda Web Site).

Enjoy the weekend!
View attachment 43633
Any updates for us TheTardis?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
There is a delay on bluetooth audio, it's the nature of the beast. For home theatre users there are special low latency headphones and transmitters. I have used them for quiet listening. But a audio only bluetooth is just not
made to sync voice with moving pictures. Honda does not use it for their RES systems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honda doesn’t offer system or packages like others car companies. Instead, it groups extra equipment into multiple trim levels, and buyers pick the story of the vehicle that has the stuff they actually want. When it comes to the 2014 Odyssey, the LX trim is ready with standard Bluetooth calling and music streaming, hands-free text messaging, Pandora Internet radio and a USB port.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Maria Linda
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing