Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a 14 EXL Navi, if anyone has an idea whether I can do these upgrades.

Add 2 more speakers to 3 rd row.
Amplifier upgrade
Where the amplifier located
Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think the amplifier is part of the stock head unit like 99% of the cars. You can add an amplifier but you can't replace the amp without changing out the head unit.

As for adding speakers you can either purchase the d-pillars for the Elite trim and add the speakers in the oem locations, or just drill holes into the rear side panels.

Here is a thread you may find useful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the amplifier is part of the stock head unit like 99% of the cars. You can add an amplifier but you can't replace the amp without changing out the head unit.

As for adding speakers you can either purchase the d-pillars for the Elite trim and add the speakers in the oem locations, or just drill holes into the rear side panels.

Here is a thread you may find useful.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
There is also an audio focused section here down below. I am actually surprised at how good the audio in the EX-L is. Not as good as the Elite though. My wife has an Acura RDX in the Tech trim and it has a similar system with 10 speakers. It sounds really good for a factory system. But even then, there is one guy over at the Acura board who sent his amp out to be upgraded. (because replacing all the speakers was not enough)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

2017 Honda Odyssey EX

Below is my upgrade cost info- Total cost = 540.99
crutchfield speakers- 4- Sound Ordnance™ P-65B-C$110
Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack -C$199
Sub-woofer Amazon-Planet Audio AC8D 1200 Watt, 8 Inch, Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer -C$ 39.99
Soundstage SSC500.1D Competition Series 500W Mono Block Amplifier (SSC5001D) -C$164
Line out convertor- Scosche LOC80 2-channel line output converter-Crutchfield- C$17
Bud connectors -C$10

I could see a big difference in the audio quality. Used the same subwoofer location removed the 50W and added the above sub and added the amp.

Alphine unit tap info
1. Remove the trim panel watch youtube video ..lot of them available
2. Remove the radio
3. Remove the big pin connector
4. Refer to the pic for the speaker wires ..very easy dont be afraid to cut it :)
5. For power i tapped in to the purple radio power wire its 24th pin slot
6. No need to connect the remote power on wire
7. Blackwire is the ground - refer the pic
8. Amp wiring kit- AmazonKnuKonceptz Bassik 8 Gauge Complete Amplifier Installation Amp Wiring Kit with RCA - C$23 *2 ( 8 gauge wire length was not sufficient to reach the rear so when checking to purchase a 8 gauge wire ,,this found to be a cheaper option )

Note- No space below the radio for the alphine unit so i had to find the place on the driver side inside the trim panel

Sub install
1. Open the driver side 2nd row foot panel
2. Open the side trim panel dont be afraid :)
3. remove the speaker wire clip on the sub box ..connect the line out convertor (since its a two channel connect the positive of both the channel wire to the positive of the speaker wire (Red) and negative of the both wires to black
4. then RCA to AMP
5. Amp to speaker (refer to pic for the location of the amp)
6. Remote is connected to the aux fuse- but i need to change it to the Radio power

you can completely use the 3rd row seats to fold:)
If you have any questions please reach out to me i would be able to help you.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts