Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to find out why the outside temp reading wasn't working in our 2014 Odyssey, the mechanic showed me where a squirrel or other animal chewed the Ambient Temp Sensor off! The wire is there, but sensor and its connection is gone. They quoted me some unrealistic price because the connection is part of the main wiring harness. I have a new sensor, but I can't find the connector. Does anyone know if there is a connector or pigtail available out there for this model? I noticed several sensor pigtails for different branded vehicles available online, but not for my model.

·
Registered
190 Posts
After trying to find out why the outside temp reading wasn't working in our 2014 Odyssey, the mechanic showed me where a squirrel or other animal chewed the Ambient Temp Sensor off! The wire is there, but sensor and its connection is gone. They quoted me some unrealistic price because the connection is part of the main wiring harness. I have a new sensor, but I can't find the connector. Does anyone know if there is a connector or pigtail available out there for this model? I noticed several sensor pigtails for different branded vehicles available online, but not for my model.
another option...

do you have any auto recyclers in your area?
Assume any gen 4 that's wrecked in the yard will have a donor harness that you can cut off it.

our area has upull yards,sign the liability waiver, remove the part off yourself.
Item's like connectors, are only a few bux.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I checked with a few of them and they didn't have anything in this model range. I will keep checking.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I checked with a few of them and they didn't have anything in this model range. I will keep checking.
Good luck, go nationwide in your search.

oh by the way...

The reason the rodents eat your wires, is Honda has gone full retard like the rest of the planet using eco friendly non petroleum based wire insulation.
a quick google search brought back this.

its soy based now, and the rodents love to nom nom nom on your car wires now.
Toyota has the same issue.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
431 Posts
Honda sells repair connectors for most of the connectors on the front of the van, but sadly, not for that... you'll need to get one of any moder-ish Honda with an external temp sensor, which should be basically any of them, so don't limit yourself to just Odysseys.

-Charlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ticket and phattyduck, thanks for the replies! I will continue my searches. Great article, btw.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pilot, Ridgeline, Crv, or Accord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts