Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I leave my Odyssey parked outside on a hot day, the power sliding doors won't work. We have to manually open/close them. Once we've driven down the road a bit, and the exterior of the vehicle has cooled down some, they work fine again. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Above 85 degrees, but parked in a parking lot where temps are probably upwards of 100 with all the vehicles on black asphalt... Mine won't open at all till the vehicle cools off.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Above 85 degrees, but parked in a parking lot where temps are probably upwards of 100 with all the vehicles on black asphalt... Mine won't open at all till the vehicle cools off.
That's sorta bizarre, my driveway is blacktop and have not had this problem Temps well above 85. I also have a 14.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe the battery is getting weak. I've had a problem before where my windows didn't want to roll down all the time in a car. New battery and the problem went away.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can you describe what you mean when you say power doors not working?

Does it mean that both power doors stop working completely? (I.e.: the remote, the handles inner and outer, the interior pushbuttons, all have absolutely no effect and will not open any sliding door)

If that's so, you need to look at the dash power door on/off switch. The assembly comes complete with pushbuttons for opening both doors from the drivers position. It costs about $30 from a Honda parts dealer online. Takes 5 -10 minutes to put in max. The interior of the on/off switch assembly is extremely cheaply made, leading to intermittent sliding door operation. I do not know why Honda made the switch in this fashion.......it's terrible!

I had this problem, and it drove my wife and I nuts.....where the power doors would stop working randomly during temperature swings. In our case, when the car sat out in the cold all night, the sliding doors would be inoperative in the morning.
This is a hard problem to diagnose, because when you take it to the dealer, the doors always seem to work 100%.
I gave up on the dealer, got a new switch myself, replaced it, and haven't had a sliding door problem ever since. It wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get the dealer to replace the switch under warranty, as they actually have to see the problem.....and of course the problem never shows up when you bring it in.

Anyways, hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this EXACT same problem with my 2012 EXL. When it's hot outside, especially in direct sun light, the doors will not open. Then when you drive a short distance and the car cools down they start working again. It does it on both sides too, not just one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here in Houston mine stop working when it is the opposite. It gets to 30 degrees and the doors act like they are dead until you start the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have observed the same issue in my 2011 Odyssey's tailgate whenever it gets hot and I have to manually close it. I don't have issue with opening though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When we first got our 2015 Odyssey, the sliding doors and rear liftgate would not work in freezing cold temps and in hot temps. We replaced the battery and they started working in the cold/heat again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I swapped in the new part and will see how it performs the rest of summer. It takes 5 minutes to pop lose the side panel and then pop off the panel the part is attached too. FYI, there is a tab to depress which will allow the part to slide out the front of the panel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My van's symptoms: With van on, doors will not open, but they will close. We can only open the doors if the van is off. With van on, doors closed, and automatic door switch to 'on', we get annoying beeping sound. We just drive with switch to 'off' position, until we need to open the doors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello... My 2016 Honda Odyssey is doing this. Did you ever figure out the problem?

Michele Gill

If I leave my Odyssey parked outside on a hot day, the power sliding doors won't work. We have to manually open/close them. Once we've driven down the road a bit, and the exterior of the vehicle has cooled down some, they work fine again. Any suggestions???
[

·
Registered
770 Posts
I swapped in the new part and will see how it performs the rest of summer. It takes 5 minutes to pop lose the side panel and then pop off the panel the part is attached too. FYI, there is a tab to depress which will allow the part to slide out the front of the panel.
What new part and which side panel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What was the new part?

Im trying to figure it out. Cant get it to duplicate while at dealer.

Michele

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 and it's doing the same thing. When hot, sliding doors don't work. Not when using the key fob, or the controls on the inside. However, the rear opens no problem. Also, when I start the van, I immediately push the buttons to open the side doors, and it works. Battery weak? I would think if it was I wouldn't be able to open the rear with the remote or the button on the inside.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts