Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob on the forum, would appreciate some help.

My seat heaters quit on me - no real explanation.

Worked great Friday up and back to the slopes, but nothing this morning. No lights in either front switch when depressed. With both lights not responding, leads to a system problem vs simple light problem.

I checked the 15A fuse on the passenger side door - no issues. Looks good.

Saw the 2013 write up on here, slightly different fuses.

Any ideas or easy fixes?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Fuse is where I'd look first too...

Are you getting voltage to the switch(es)?

How did you test the fuse? (just inspected, or did you check voltage across it?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Noob on the forum, would appreciate some help.

My seat heaters quit on me - no real explanation.

Worked great Friday up and back to the slopes, but nothing this morning. No lights in either front switch when depressed. With both lights not responding, leads to a system problem vs simple light problem.

I checked the 15A fuse on the passenger side door - no issues. Looks good.

Saw the 2013 write up on here, slightly different fuses.

Any ideas or easy fixes?

Thanks for the help.

Did you get this fixed? I was installing amp this weekend and mine stopped working as well (neither button lights up when pressed). I thought it might be dash plugs but I tested last night and all is well. The fuse is fine in mine too. Any suggestions of where to test next?

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
395 Posts
The seat heater buttons are part of the overall HVAC control assembly and communicate to the Seat Heater Control unit via the low-speed CAN interface bus.

First, check all related fuses:
  • Fuse 26 in driver's under dash fuse box
  • Fuse 20 and Fuse 5 in passenger under dash fuse box
The seat heater relay is located in the passenger under dash fuse box.

To get beyond that in terms of troubleshooting is a bit more complicated. You can't just easily check if the switches are working, etc.

-Charlie

·
Registered
16 Posts
The seat heater buttons are part of the overall HVAC control assembly and communicate to the Seat Heater Control unit via the low-speed CAN interface bus.

First, check all related fuses:
  • Fuse 26 in driver's under dash fuse box
  • Fuse 20 and Fuse 5 in passenger under dash fuse box
The seat heater relay is located in the passenger under dash fuse box.

To get beyond that in terms of troubleshooting is a bit more complicated. You can't just easily check if the switches are working, etc.

-Charlie
Confirmed all the fuses are good but haven't been able to get to relay. Everything else in the switch assembly all other functions (heat control, defroster, etc) work fine it is only the two seat heater controls that have stopped working.

I plan to dig in this weekend when I have time to look inside dash.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Little update: I checked plugs under both seats and what I could find in dash and all are connected and no fuses are blown. Still no seat heaters but every other function is working. (I do have an SRS light on but I would be surprised if this stopped the seat heaters but who knows). Any other tips or I head to the shop to spend $120+?

Which part is the seat heater relay (anyone have a picture)? Maybe I can replace that to test.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
395 Posts
The seat heater relay is in the upper left corner of the passenger footwell fuse box. Looks like you might have to remove the kick panel to get to it.

The seat heater control unit is located under the passenger seat (attached to the seat itself!). You may have to remove the seat to get to it.

An SRS light could be related if there are issues under the seat there... (damaged wires?)

-Charlie

·
Registered
16 Posts
@phattyduck I ended up taking to shop to run codes. Turns out I must have unplugged something with ground attached (warning to all to disconnect ground!!) and blew a fuse in the computer control/srs system I hadn't checked. I have over 10 pages of codes lol! $220 later everything works again. So the SRS light and fuse are somehow connected to seat heaters. Note to self to check EVERY fuse next time. Thanks for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts