Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was all prepared to take my 2014 Ody (Touring, 50k miles) in to the dealer because we began getting a "Check Parking Sensor System" error with all of the sensor indicators lit up. Pushing the button had no effect and cleaning the sensors did not resolve the problem.

After some googling and forum surfing it turned out that problem was a burnt out LED in the console that borked the whole system. Using the rough guidelines from this article/video for an older Pilot (Note: Newbie so I cant post the link but google this: "handydad tv parking sensor") I was able to replace the LED and get my system working again for ~10 bucks and 15-20 minutes of my time. When I removed the indicator LED it was visibly damaged and had what looked like burn marks around the base. :mad:

For reference the replacement LED I ordered is part number: 35856-TK8-A02

One other tip: There are two LED's in the button for this. One for the light that indicates on/off, and the other as backlight for the button itself. If you swap these two you can test to see if the main indicator LED was the issue.

Hope this helps someone else out there save a trip to the dealer and a few hundred bucks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I was all prepared to take my 2014 Ody (Touring, 50k miles) in to the dealer because we began getting a "Check Parking Sensor System" error with all of the sensor indicators lit up. Pushing the button had no effect and cleaning the sensors did not resolve the problem.

After some googling and forum surfing it turned out that problem was a burnt out LED in the console that borked the whole system. Using the rough guidelines from this article/video for an older Pilot (Note: Newbie so I cant post the link but google this: "handydad tv parking sensor") I was able to replace the LED and get my system working again for ~10 bucks and 15-20 minutes of my time. When I removed the indicator LED it was visibly damaged and had what looked like burn marks around the base. :mad:

For reference the replacement LED I ordered is part number: 35856-TK8-A02

One other tip: There are two LED's in the button for this. One for the light that indicates on/off, and the other as backlight for the button itself. If you swap these two you can test to see if the main indicator LED was the issue.

Hope this helps someone else out there save a trip to the dealer and a few hundred bucks!
Hi rdrushal,

I have the same model 'Ody 2014 Touring'. I have same issue with the led bulb. I need your input on how to remove the switch Assy. That the part which hold all buttoms - parking sensor/ side doors/ back door. I tried to open from the side panel of the driver side and I didn't see any opening so I can reach with my finger to the back of the switch. Hope you have any photos or even video would be great. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have any photos but the whole assembly doesn't need to come out. You can reach under and pinch just the switch that has the parking light button on it. If you reach to the front you can pinch it together and just that bottom portion pops out. I dont think I have enouch posts to post pics, but you really just have to do it by feel.

Oh, and the grip is on the sides, not the top/bottom. Hope that helps! Just keep working your hand forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Between reading these posts and YouTube-ing how to fix, I was able to fix my bulb as well. Magically, no more warning. I have attached the old bulb...again, visibly burnt out

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't thank you enough for posting your research & solution to this issue..... My wife & I spent the day detailing our new to us 2014 including gutting the interior & also installing a front lic. plate for the first time....... upon completion I go to park the van & notice the warning light. The only thing I could come up with was that maybe I screwed through the sensor wire when installing the plate, wonder how could honda put the wires so close to the plate screws. I checked again, nope, I didnt screw through anything................. did a search on here & your thread saved my day. Luckily I have a ton of bulbs in stock since my ridgeline LOVES to blow them :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts