Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - This is my 3rd Ody. I just bought a 2015 Touring. My 2016 SE had a compass direction next to the clock, I don't see that with the 2015.
Also, one of the odometer settings would show the range, as well as in the info (I have attached).

I'm asking if anyone knows if the compass direction isn't on the 2015 model AND is the fuel range only on the info screen, not odometer.

I've attached my dashboard.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
437 Posts
Compass availability changes depending on trim. In this case, it is whether you have Nav or not. The features on the '14-'17 vans are the same in this regard.

Fuel range can be displayed in the gauge cluster odometer section by scrolling up and down using the arrows on the bottom right of the steering wheel.

-Charlie

·
Registered
13,863 Posts
You should have a choice, when setting up the NAV, of having the screen show North as up or as the direction you are traveling. My wife has an Acura RDX Tech package that has pretty much the same NAV & MID setup as a Touring. It took days of reading the manual and sitting and fiddling to get everything the way yo want it. On top of that, many things can be set for Driver 1 or Driver 2. I finally ended up getting everything set up sitting in an airport cell lot. If you did not get manuals, you can get pdf files of them from the Honda owners site.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
437 Posts
If you did not get manuals, you can get pdf files of them from the Honda owners site.
They can also be ordered from the Honda publisher (forgot the name/link at the moment) for a fee too. No vans cam with the large owners manual, but it was free to order for the original owner in the first 6 months (they came with a smaller 'user guide' instead).

-Charlie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compass availability changes depending on trim. In this case, it is whether you have Nav or not. The features on the '14-'17 vans are the same in this regard.

Fuel range can be displayed in the gauge cluster odometer section by scrolling up and down using the arrows on the bottom right of the steering wheel.

-Charlie
Thanks everyone, I found the fuel range with the info scrolling...but the compass isn't working or not showing...I will dig thru the manuals as egads suggested. I read somewhere it required a reboot of the setting and driving the car in circles...or I might take it to dealer.:D My past models were LX and SE and I'm not used to all the bells and whistles, but I love them and am learning!

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
437 Posts
but the compass isn't working or not showing
The NAV models don't have a separate compass, as such. It is part of the GPS system. I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that you need to be on the Nav screen to see which way is north...

-Charlie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The NAV models don't have a separate compass, as such. It is part of the GPS system. I'm pretty sure (though not 100%) that you need to be on the Nav screen to see which way is north...

-Charlie
UGH...thank you...I will dig some more, but you may be correct! It's not a super big deal, I just liked the little direct pointer :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

-Charlie
Now that I think about it...sorry, slow thinker here...it makes sense if you show which direction North is relative to the way you are going. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
13,863 Posts
As I said above, you are not going to get a Touring set up the way you want it without reading the manual and lots of fiddling. In my case I turned a lot of things off. But you can have the seats, mirrors and even the radio presets change by just unlocking with the key number you use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I said above, you are not going to get a Touring set up the way you want it without reading the manual and lots of fiddling. In my case I turned a lot of things off. But you can have the seats, mirrors and even the radio presets change by just unlocking with the key number you use.
Yes, thank you! Best advice...will do this weekend. I just wasn't ready for all the differences between Touring and SE, but love it. thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts