Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my mother has a 2015 Odyssey Touring Elite, and its DVD player remote is missing, making movies a LOT harder to control for people in the back. The driver or front passenger has to do all of the controlling without being able to see the screen in the back. Not to mention how limited and hard-to-navigate the front DVD controls are.

I found the right replacement remote on eBay that I would like to buy, but I don't want to pull the trigger on it unless I know for sure that I can pair it up with her van and make sure it works.

How would I go about pairing it? Or do all the remotes just work on the same "frequency" or whatever and it would work with her van right out of the box? Your advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
431 Posts
It is an IR remote. No pairing necessary. Same deal with the headphones that should have come with the van. Make sure the remote is the "Elite" version - I think it is different than the EX-L RES / Touring version.

So, when you bought it, the controls in the ceiling were just a hole? The 'remote' is also the control panel when it is put in its 'home' (and works without batteries in that case).

-Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that's good! I did a little research and the remote on eBay appears to be the Elite version. Yes the ceiling was a hole, nothing there in front of the screen.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
431 Posts
Yes the ceiling was a hole, nothing there in front of the screen.
Sounds good. It wasn't immediately obvious to me when we bought ours that there was no separate remote. Good luck with your new (to you) van!

-Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts