Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger side rear door on my LX is sticking or binding when I try to shut it. It opens fine, but with the cold weather, its gotten really tough to close. It frequently sticks and will not budge, and then for no apparent reason, something gives way and it flies shut. Previously, it always got tough (but never stopped completely/ prevented from shutting) at about the middle of the close, but it is now sticking/binding at almost all points along the track.

Almost certainly something with the rollers, but I am not sure what or what part I should order to fix it as there appears to be several.

Any ideas/ suggestions? Hoping some forum help can save me from the stealership.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Step one would be looking for physical obstructions on each of the 3 roller tracks that the door rolls/slides on. The lower pockets especially can hold a lot of junk if you are not paying attention.

There is an OEM greasing/lubing guide that I can't fine at the moment that also covers the required lubrication types and locations. Basically, the rollers and the tracks where they roll should all be greased with a multipurpose grease whenever necessary.

-Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts