Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the club but just wanted to introduce myself & show off my 2" Suspension lift from TRAXDA
I love camping but always felt that the Odyssey did not have enough ground clearance for anything but running errands around town, & pretty much kept me from exploring off paved roads, until I met Greg Pilling owner of TRAXDA & had his crew install the 2" lift on my 2015 Minivan... "All USA made components" & I must say, that it has transformed this soccer-mom van into a very road worthy camping platform... It still retains all of the original great handling, but now I have the confidence to travel fire roads & washboard trail roads while still retaining great gas mileage... I would really love to see more Odyssey campers install these & see for yourselves how this little mod can totally transform your vehicles...
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask,

Thanks Dave

Oh & here is some Contact info:

TRAXDA
Greg Philling
520-245-4265
888-660-5892

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Absolutely zero vibration or anything like that... In fact there is no difference in ride quality at all... 2" may not seen much but it makes a world of difference out on a dirt road... makes a huge difference in daily street/grocery/errand runs as well as I no longer scrape the curb stops in parking lots... Honda should really do this to the new Odyssey's...

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
My 2017 van is lowered 1.5 inches and my 2010 van is lowered more than 2 inches, both have vibrations after lowering. That's why I was wondering if the axles vibrates when you raise the van. Good to know.

All we need now is an AWD odyssey and we can put SUV/crossovers to shame lol

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
I lowered my 2003 EX with H&R springs, and did end up with some additional vibration at freeway speed...plus, on the ugly local roads in my burg, I was always worried about just plain hitting things. However, with 235/50R18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires, the handling was superb.

Even worse, I could no longer drive over the average road kill without getting a bunch o' meat on the chassis. :( Boy, would that stink if it got onto the exhaust. I just bit the bullet, sold my beloved H&R springs, and went back to new stock coils. *sigh*

I would love one of these in my garage:

OF

·
Registered
10 Posts
@DaveRiley
Would you mind sharing your parts for the top luggage crossbars and rack? What kind of box are you using on the back cargo basket? I'm looking to do the same setup on my new van. Never done this before. Any tips on selecting components? THANKS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi soopa76,
I built the roof rack using scrap stuff laying around... square aluminum tubing that I salvaged from some Parabolic reflectors used in solar heating & purchased the sanctions, painted, assembled using wood from an old futon... used a couple of hinges then mounted as a tilt-able solar panel to power my ARB refrigerator... "see pics"
& the rear "ATV" hitch basket I bought online Harbor Freight around $50...

I like it because it sits higher on the hitch for added ground clearance...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
heah dave,did you have to mod wheel wells to fit the ridgeline rims?,i am converting from ridgeline to odyssey and would love all the extra ride height i can get. thank you.

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
DaveR, thanks for sharing those pics of your roof rack build. Man, this is truly the definition of a real Sport Ute Vehicle.

When you return to civilization, briefly to re-stock the supplies, the sliding doors are a win in any parking lot...or you find that perfect spot to stop the van for the night, between a pair of suitable pine trees. :cool:

OF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Absolutely zero vibration or anything like that... In fact there is no difference in ride quality at all... 2" may not seen much but it makes a world of difference out on a dirt road... makes a huge difference in daily street/grocery/errand runs as well as I no longer scrape the curb stops in parking lots... Honda should really do this to the new Odyssey's...

·
Registered
7 Posts
@DaveRiley I took your advice, got the Traxda kit for my 2011 EX and put it on today. I don't know anything about suspension, couldn't tell a tie rod from a sway bar before today, but I was able to do the lift myself in my garage with a jack and two stands and the purchase of a 36mm socket. The hardest part was getting that front axle nut free. 24" breaker bar was completely ineffective, had to put a pipe extension on the breaker and pray I didn't mushroom the nut. The rear lift was super easy. Two bolts. The front is a whole lot more involved, took 4 X as long as rear. Took about 3 hours.

I'm really happy with the amount of lift. 2" lift translates to about 3.5" higher at top of wheel well. Doesn't scrape bottom on parking blocks anymore. The ody is roughly the height of my Pilot now. My wife reports that it handles better than it did before. To me it does feel a little bit stiffer.

The silver paint was coming off the hub caps so I took a pressure washer and blasted the silver paint off them and repainted them black. Eventually I'll get some new beefier wheels.

·
Registered
2012 EXL
6 Posts
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to the club but just wanted to introduce myself & show off my 2" Suspension lift from TRAXDA
I love camping but always felt that the Odyssey did not have enough ground clearance for anything but running errands around town, & pretty much kept me from exploring off paved roads, until I met Greg Pilling owner of TRAXDA & had his crew install the 2" lift on my 2015 Minivan... "All USA made components" & I must say, that it has transformed this soccer-mom van into a very road worthy camping platform... It still retains all of the original great handling, but now I have the confidence to travel fire roads & washboard trail roads while still retaining great gas mileage... I would really love to see more Odyssey campers install these & see for yourselves how this little mod can totally transform your vehicles...
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask,

Thanks Dave

Oh & here is some Contact info:

TRAXDA
Greg Philling
520-245-4265
888-660-58

·
Registered
3 Posts
The leveling kit works with old honda odyssey's til 99". I emailed the sales team and they will update the site soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plan to run
Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 4S - SIZE: 245/70R16 on steelies with 1 inch spacers hub centric.

My front installed fine on my 08 odyssey. Now the rear I am having trouble. The spacer does not sit leveled/flush with the frame, before I install the spring back I held the spacer upwards against the frame and i tried spinning it to find the sweet spot there is none. Going to contact traxda now because how was it on the 2011+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update:
Emailed traxda and explained them my rear spacer concern on my 08 ody.
Spacers sent has 3 fins and they dont fit flush up against the chassis so they sent me a pair that would fit and they do!

traxda spacer 1.jpg these are the ones they came first but didn't sit flush

traxda spacer 2.jpg These actually sit flush with 08 ody

I am getting bigger tires soon and adding 1inch spacers(4) because the rear is really tight for new tires that i want.
Will post pictures soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is so great.

I've been thinking of doing something similar (ie: exactly the same) with my 2014 Ody.

Was it pretty expensive?

How is it holding up after a few years?

Still like it?

-dh-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts