Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to get front car seat covers. Nothing expensive because my son will probably get it quite dirty. Are there side airbags that I need to worry about? I would love to know if anyone else found a product they like.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks EOT. I had already read that post. I want something easier to take on and off and cheaper.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,307 Posts
Yes, you have side airbags on your front 2 seats. So, you do need a compatible seat cover. The last thing you want is for your side airbags to get stuck if you get into a side-impact accident.

Second row seats do not have side torso airbags.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Currently mine are leather. My son is doing HVAC installation and using my car too much. He is getting the seat dirty. This is why I am thinking to get a cover to prevent further damage.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Currently mine are leather. My son is doing HVAC installation and using my car too much. He is getting the seat dirty. This is why I am thinking to get a cover to prevent further damage.
those gel seat pads with back support are cheap will stick to the leather without straps, are easily removed and wont impede the airbag.
I use one for long trips for the extra cushion.

For the bolster area at the bottom and side, I use some 3m clear strips stuck to them to protect against abrasion of the seams from day to day hopping in and out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's an awesome idea. He would just have to make sure and not turn the seat warmer on. Do you know the brand you have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts