Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what anyone here has done in upgrades... I am open to hear what is most common and most effective power-gaining mod... otherwise, I am interested in seeing some photos on any painted, say, calipers, valve covers, side mirrors, bumpers, etc...

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
An AirLift 1000 kit #60815 would be the best $100 you could spend on your van. The resulting handling and steering response will make it drive much more responsively with around 25 psi in the bags.
Jerry O.

·
Registered
511 Posts
An AirLift 1000 kit #60815 would be the best $100 you could spend on your van. The resulting handling and steering response will make it drive much more responsively with around 25 psi in the bags.
Jerry O.
This will be my 2016 mod. Need it done before our NJ to FL trip with a fully loaded (to the max) van. Saying no to sags.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So just got our 2015 EXL. In the past I've noticed Odyssey's on the road with some significant sag. In November my wife and I and our 3 kids are road-tripping from IL to FL for a week, then another week near Atlanta. We'll have a fair amount of luggage and probably a Yakima Roof Box too. How much sag should I expect? Our old van(Dodge) had leaf springs in the rear and only sagged a very little bit when loaded. Main thing is I don't want to be dragging my butt across the country for 2600 miles. :) Is the airbag mod pretty much a "must-do" for people in my situation?
Jerry O.
This will be my 2016 mod. Need it done before our NJ to FL trip with a fully loaded (to the max) van. Saying no to sags.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So just got our 2015 EXL. In the past I've noticed Odyssey's on the road with some significant sag. In November my wife and I and our 3 kids are road-tripping from IL to FL for a week, then another week near Atlanta. We'll have a fair amount of luggage and probably a Yakima Roof Box too. How much sag should I expect? Our old van(Dodge) had leaf springs in the rear and only sagged a very little bit when loaded. Main thing is I don't want to be dragging my butt across the country for 2600 miles. :) Is the airbag mod pretty much a "must-do" for people in my situation?
Just to chime in from everything I've read it's a must do... Same situation as me (power outlets and all)... 3 kids, we drive from Florida all over and had a bad sag/bounce in our last van (Nissan Quest)

Best price on these bags that I've found is on Amazon. $70ish (for new bags but broken packaging) up to $85. There's also a How To video on YouTube showing the install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's not going to make my wife happy, LOL. Seems weird to sell a vehicle with seating for 8 that will sag significantly with that number of people in it?? Anyway, $85 on Amazon isn't bad though and the install seems super easy. I'm used to wrenching on 20 year old rusted Land Rovers so a brand new Honda should be a piece of cake. :D I need to grab water softener salt so I'll load up the van and see just how bad the sag is. If I get the AirLift I'll probably try to put the schraeder valve in the same area as the fuel fill behind the fuel door.
Just to chime in from everything I've read it's a must do... Same situation as me (power outlets and all)... 3 kids, we drive from Florida all over and had a bad sag/bounce in our last van (Nissan Quest)

Best price on these bags that I've found is on Amazon. $70ish (for new bags but broken packaging) up to $85. There's also a How To video on YouTube showing the install.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If I get the AirLift I'll probably try to put the schraeder valve in the same area as the fuel fill behind the fuel door.
I've had these bags on other rides, and you want to make sure you don't "T" the bags together. Have a separate line and separate schraeder valve for each. When you go into a turn (taking a left), you don't want one bag deflating (the right one receiving the weight) and the other inflating (the left one lifting from the turn).

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I've had these bags on other rides, and you want to make sure you don't "T" the bags together. Have a separate line and separate schraeder valve for each. When you go into a turn (taking a left), you don't want one bag deflating (the right one receiving the weight) and the other inflating (the left one lifting from the turn).
Yes, separate fill valves are a must for best performance. Enjoy the mod!
Jerry O.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good point guys, totally hadn't thought about that. Does the kit come with all the parts needed to run two separate valves or will i need to source parts?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good point guys, totally hadn't thought about that. Does the kit come with all the parts needed to run two separate valves or will i need to source parts?
It'll come with the parts you need to run separate lines.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Is the RV6 PCD direct bolt on with the 2015's?
Presuming the new block design is the same casting (exterior) as J35 then yes. I can take a look this weekend for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts