Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2016 Elite warning light problems x5

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Johnmh 
#1 ·
A week ago I was driving to the store and the FCW system kept telling me someone was going to hit me from the right side. I was in the right lane of a divided highway so I was pretty sure that wasn't right and I guessed that something was flapping in front of the sensor. I found nothing so I turned off the system to stop the annoyance and forgot about it.

Yesterday I turned on the van only to find a dash full of warning lights. I was faced with the following:
1) LDW Lane Departure Warning 2) FCW Forward Collision Warning 3) VSA Vehicle Stability Assist 4) ABS Anti-lock Braking System 5) Smart Entry System (alarm) and the little circle with an "i" indicating that I have "System Messages"

This did not look like a great start to a good day. Any suggestions as to where to start would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
If you have a CEL or similar it can cause other unrelated lights to come on with it. So start there.

#3 ·
I have removed the VCMTuner II and there was no change. Took it to my local mechanic and put it on his diagnostic machine and it showed codes for only two problems. One is a bad or shorted right rear ABS sensor and the other was for a problem with faulty information detected by the FCW sensor module. They suggested replacing the ABS sensor and see if this doesn't solve all of the other problems. Hard to believe that one bad sensor could set off 5 warning alarms.

#4 ·
Step 1. How old is the battery and has a full battery/charging system test been done?

Reactions: WiiMaster
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.