Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you're getting pulsing you should pull, clean, and re-lube all caliper slider pins.

I'll bet one is sticking.
Not always true. Most pulsing is due to material transfer from the pads onto the rotors. The binders in the pads break down and can cause a uneven distribution of material on the rotors. Causes the grip-slip feel.

There are lots of good posts on this as well as a technique to Renew the rotors to potentially fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I usually change the rotors at the same time and recycle the old ones. If I had a spare vehicle I might look into getting them turned but it's a hassle to have the car tied up while using another car to get the rotors to a shop, pick them up later, etc.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
^^ Adding. Following a good bedding procedure helps. And,,,

Unless you have some good expensive name brand, not worth turning. Last time I did that, turning cost me only $20 less than new shipped from RockAuto. That definitely beats drop off, pay, pickup, and all the while waiting. For a DIY, works out good just using new ones and recycle old. Sometimes I just put them as free in craigslist if someone wants them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts