Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase an OEM painted front bumper and side skirts for a 2016 Ody? I saw parts on eBay and some misc. Honda parts sites but I cannot seem to find them painted and OEM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
For something like that you would usually have to find something used. New parts do not come painted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you look hard on ebay some will list painted or you can try calling around your local repair shops and see if they can do the respray. I am having problem finding a 2014 EXL with parking assist. If any one knows the OEM part number please let me know

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Pretty much everything you see on ebay that is new is aftermarket, but if it were me I would contact several of those sellers and ask if they would either source, paint, and ship OEM parts, or allow you to ship them OEM parts to paint. There are several challenges to this issue. Color match can be a challenge despite painting with the factory formula because your van has been exposed to the elements and experienced subtle changes to the original color, and shipping painted parts without scratching or scuffing them can be difficult.

Another route I would explore is supplying the OEM parts to a local Maaco shop for a cost effective finish. Make sure you choose at least their mid level paint as the cheapest paint is just that, cheap. I have a buddy who owns a Maaco franchise and he hates the cheap paint so much he refuses to use it and just substitutes the better material when the customer insists on the cheap paint, but you can't bet on that always happening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called my local honda dealer and they could not tell me the OEM/part number any way I can find the part number for a 2014 EX-L with parking assist front bumper ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts