Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Odyssey SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I am new to the Van world since having 2 girls and a small Dodge Nitro at first. :)

When I bought the van I noticed it had 2 screens. I figured it would not a big deal and that it would be easy to find an aftermarket addon in order to replace the 1 or both monitors with an aftermarket radio/LCD. However, I am not seeing anything at all for such project! I can hardly find anything on a 2017 - its normally 20xx-2016 and 2018+ skipping 2017 all together.. ?

So now I am on this forum hoping someone was able to replace either (or both) LCDs with an aftermarket radio or Android 10"+ screen while still keeping the default controls (CANBUS perhaps?) for all the configurations/stock radio, etc...

I am electronically knowledgeable so doing mods like this do not scare me. I've put computers in cars and custom created .NET C#/VB programs to run neon's, subs, lights, etc. for years. Oh and I also have a 3D printer :)

So anyone know how this can be achieved? Anyone already done this in a 2017 SE?

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,281 Posts
A 2017 will be the same as a 2014-2016 as far as factory stereo options/features are concerned.

The stereo and both front screens are fairly integrated into vehicle controls and would be hard to replace without major integration issues. Look at something like NavTool to see if that would fit your needs...

-Charlie

·
Registered
2017 Odyssey SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 2017 will be the same as a 2014-2016 as far as factory stereo options/features are concerned.

The stereo and both front screens are fairly integrated into vehicle controls and would be hard to replace without major integration issues. Look at something like NavTool to see if that would fit your needs...

-Charlie
Thanks for the reply Charlie. Looks like this will have to be done the hard way.

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
If you have an SE then the rear entertainment is also integrated. Look into Navtool. It makes the upper screen mirror your phone. The guy who makes them is an unhelpful asshole apparently, but if you are car audio savvy, communication may be better for you. He is in New Jersey. There is another device that works similarly, made (or designed) in the Silicon Valley I can't remember the name of. One of them handles Android better than the other. Check out threads in the audio section below here at the Odyclub. Also check out what folks on other boards have done. The system and set up are very much alike in Pilots, Ridglines, EX-L Accords, Acura MDX, & RDX in the models just before their refreshes that added one large screen and CARPlay/Android Auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts