Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed OEM splash guards on my 2019 Odyssey Elite last night...and then promptly removed them.

These splash guards are made out of a flimsy, stretchy plastic that doesn't conform neatly to the contours of the vehicle. Despite following the OEM installation sheet, it is impossible to get these to fit without large, unsightly gaps between the splash guard and the body of the van. No amount of backing the screws out and repositioning the splash guards helped. My wife agreed they looked tacky. So back off the van they came.

We still have our 2011 Odyssey, and after looking closely at those splash guards, they're in a different league. They're made of a much firmer plastic, which fits the contours of the vehicle body perfectly, even after 91K miles.

I don't recommend wasting your money on these splash guards, unless you really don't care how form-fitting they are.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fastermac, is the buckling part of the splash guard or the fender liner?
Yeah, it looks to me like the fender liner has the buckle and not the splash guard itself. I installed a set myself and had no problems. There are very minor gaps between the guard and the body panel (maybe 1mm) but that is more than acceptable for me as this is a daily driver and not a show car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is the fender liner. I assume the installation of the splash guard caused the buckle but maybe it was there already from the factory. Like I said not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also installed them myself. I had to slowly follow directions as each side was different and the third one you had to mess with the liner. But all fit well although I thought they would be a little longer to the ground. They look good but I agree the material is rather lite but functional.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same issue, 3 out of the 4 fit. Dealership refused to replace them and said it could be the same issue. I told them parts come with a one yr warranty so just order them. The fender liner on our front passenger side is also buckled (slightly but it’s noticeable). I noticed several odyssey’s on the lot were like this. Cheap materials and poor quality control I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue. Dealership replaced the fender liner but one of the front splash guard didn't fit flush with the fender. I just unscrewed the top screw of the mud flap and kind of folded the plastic mud flap and it worked. Seems to me that the mud flaps are very flimsy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts