Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great. Let us know the outcome.
I have had so many error codes. When it rains my drivers side warning light goes off as if I am about to hit something. I also have problems with my back up camera not working during rain. I get codes for my radio/ phone music not working. I have issues with my anti theft too. UGH!!!!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I have had so many error codes. When it rains my drivers side warning light goes off as if I am about to hit something. I also have problems with my back up camera not working during rain. I get codes for my radio/ phone music not working. I have issues with my anti theft too. UGH!!!!
Sorry to hear you have these problems, sounds like gremlins at work on your ODY. The only things I would say it either you have loose connections on your cables or the grounding system is getting to not have a tight connection. Either one or both is a long time troubleshooting, especially if it only happens when it rains.

A few thoughts you need to look at before taking in to the dealer, and while it's raining.
1. The light on your drivers door is called the Blind Spot Information (BSI), is it on all the time when it is wet outside? Also if you turn on your left turn signal does it beep at you and the BSI blinks?

2. Did you take your ODY in for the Honda Technical Service Bulletin "Product Update: 2018 Odyssey Rearview Camera", they replace the rear view camera if you had not taken your ODY in. Find attached a PDF that has the correct Service Bulletin for this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 Touring has been plagued with electronic and hardware glitches since I purchased at the end of 2018. Currently, my head unit cannot stay on for more than a minute before a MOST network error occurs. My dealer has the MOST connector part on order however, this part has been backordered for over two months now. I can live without the audio or nav. However, the backup camera is essential to me for safety. I am just about ready to try arbitration with CAMVAP - Home to see if Honda can buy the van back. I wish we had lemon laws here in Canada for cars like this. I can't imagine ever owning this van without a warranty. The design is way too complicated and I feel that due to major architectural design and cost issues, there are things that will never be reliably fixed by the dealer. This is my second and final Honda vehicle. So frustrated!!!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
scooby9, It is so bad that Honda is not treating you with any respect. I know that it feels like they will do everything possible for you to get someone to purchase their vehicle and than promise they have a excellent maintenance staff, just to get you to sign on the line. I should not just say Honda, when it is all manufacturers.

This problem has plagued so many owners with the MOST connectors, on the last message I sent you, I did not include this one for the MOST connector (they even extended the warranty time on this because their were so many problems it was causing).

I cannot understand why it would take so long for them to receive the kits for replacing your MOST connectors and your back-up camera. I would have thought 1 month should be long enough to get the parts in, when they make the scheduling out after receiving the parts they can slip you in for a convenient time frame, call them and have them call you when the parts are in so you can set the date, it helps to have them repair it sooner then at their convenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
scooby9, It is so bad that Honda is not treating you with any respect. I know that it feels like they will do everything possible for you to get someone to purchase their vehicle and than promise they have a excellent maintenance staff, just to get you to sign on the line. I should not just say Honda, when it is all manufacturers.

This problem has plagued so many owners with the MOST connectors, on the last message I sent you, I did not include this one for the MOST connector (they even extended the warranty time on this because their were so many problems it was causing).

I cannot understand why it would take so long for them to receive the kits for replacing your MOST connectors and your back-up camera. I would have thought 1 month should be long enough to get the parts in, when they make the scheduling out after receiving the parts they can slip you in for a convenient time frame, call them and have them call you when the parts are in so you can set the date, it helps to have them repair it sooner then at their convenience.
Thanks DJVAN. It's a head scratcher as to how there could be a delay like this for a part that must be common in the supply chain for a current model vehicle. I call the dealer weekly for a status update. Same response: "Still backordered."

I engaged Honda Canada. The agent asked me which dealer I was working with. She then proceeded to call the dealer and re-iterated to me the same response. I'm thinking... "Hmm... you just did what I do each week..." She also had no way of checking for the status of a part. It's mind boggling. How does Honda operate this way? They should have a UI and database where they can enter a part number and display inventory for that part anywhere on the planet.

I just scheduled a warranty service at another dealership for the same issue to get a second opinion. But if they can't solve it, that's it. We're going to arbitration!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I call the dealer weekly for a status update. Same response: "Still backordered."
It makes me so mad with any company that cannot give a date when the part can be in stock. As with any manufacturer for auto, appliances, mowers, chainsaws and others, they use a symbol on their packages that tells how fast this item moves for selling/shipping/stocking each item. most dealers will not stock have in stock a lot of high cost items such as CPU based cards, engine blocks, and this list can go on, they go by whatever the maker says and give no other details.
I had a friend that needed a rear passenger axle for a 1978 Fiat 131S, It took 14 months to get and it came from Italy. His car was only 6 months old, and was he ever upset about this. Nothing given from the dealer, matter of fact it was a Honda/Fiat dealer.

Back-ordered... yes a waste of your time.:mad:

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,795 Posts
DJVAN, I think "backordered" really means, "It costs too much to stock most items so we'll wait until we get x number of orders so we can get a better bulk deal from our supplier. Meanwhile, the customer can just suck it up so we can maintain our profit margin."

21 - 27 of 27 Posts