Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through most of the threads and couldn't find an answer.

I recently picked up a '18 Elite with 15,000/miles. The stock tires are dismal in wet and not going to cut it in for the winter if we have any real weather.

Vehicle I traded in was a 2015 Ford Flex with AWD, had a set of Michelin IceX tires for it that would be the right size for the Odyssey, I just need a new set of rims as the bolt patern on the wheels is 5x114.3.

I have seen a set of 2006 17" odyssey rims online for a decent price, all I need are TPMS and a remount, much cheaper than a full set of wheels and tires. Factory only options 18 and 19, but will the 17" wheels fit? Some have mentioned that the spare is a 17", but I know that the spare might have some variations being steel and thinner than most aluminum and narrower overall width.

Has anybody done this yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PetroCanada, guess I didn't search well enough.

What width and offset did you go with digitalextremes? I'm looking at the 18's so I have a little more sidewall. 17's would have been nice but I guess I'll craigslist them to help offset cost of new package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is my winter setup. 18x8 +35 Aodhan LS07 5x120 wheels 225/60R18 General AltiMAX Arctic 12

My summer setup is -Niche M183 Staccato 20x9 5x120 +35mm with GENERAL GMAX AS05 - 245/45ZR20 103W XL

I can account both setups clear all suspension components and don’t rub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the General Gmax AS05 tires on my last Flex. They were pretty decent.

How do you like the AltiMAX Arctic 12? I've seen those bud they didn't have the 245/60R18 I'm looking at. Here in Oregon Valley winter is more rain with mild temperatures, close to freezing with a few trips over the snow covered mountain pass.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the General Gmax AS05 tires on my last Flex. They were pretty decent.

How do you like the AltiMAX Arctic 12? I've seen those bud they didn't have the 245/60R18 I'm looking at. Here in Oregon Valley winter is more rain with mild temperatures, close to freezing with a few trips over the snow covered mountain pass.
You could say I’m a general fanboy but that was because of the general arctics. They are purpose built and for their purpose they do it well. There are “sportier” options like the Bridgestone blizzaks or Michelin x-ice but the generals are easily half the price. My first set on my Mazda6 lasted 5 seasons. I have 3 sets of winters, 2 general arctic and 1 Yokohama ice guard. I prefer the generals.

Trivia: Continental owns General and there are many similarities between their lines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess there is no care about the positive scrub with that low offset and wide tires.
Bring on the Odyssey type R! Oh won't that be the day. Please make it turbo vtec, sh-awd, manual with launch control and drift mode in performance brown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
smufguy
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing