Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Odyssey Elite. I have the third row of seats down with a tarp on top of the folded seats. I was using the on-board inside vac to clean the tarp, and I was standing at the back of the van with the hatch up while vacuuming the tarp – and then without warning, the hatch came down on me. I was able to push it back up and continued to vacuum when it happened again. I was inadvertently triggering the hatch auto proximity function when my feet were under the van. The vac noise drowned out the beep closing warning.
As mentioned above, I was able to push it back up when it was coming down – but, it wasn’t easy. I’m guessing a young child might not be able to stop the hatch and become pinched in the opening until the hatch reaches it return threshold.
Did I have a unique issue, or has this happened to anyone in the community having an open / close hatch option?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
This certainly isn't "Odyclub News"! Might get better response in the 5th Generation 2018+ Odyssey section for your van/features.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts