Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front, passenger-side door lock our 2018 EX-L (<=10k miles) has stopped opening automatically. I can manually open the lock from the inside, but it does not toggle using either the key button or the driver-side door button. Not a huge deal, but it's always disappointing to have these kinds of problems in a nearly new vehicle. Like many here, we bought a Honda in large part due to the reputation for quality.

It should be covered under warranty, I'd think, but I wanted to post here both to learn if others had the issue and to lay a trail in case anyone in the future does. Any advice or experience appreciated - thanks!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean when you have the key on you and you grab the exterior handle or in a different situation? Did you check the lock/unlock settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I meant “automatically” in contrast to physically toggling the lock. So, when I press unlock (on either the fob or inside the driver seat) the other doors unlock but the front passenger door stays locked. I haven’t checked the settings, and actually wasn’t aware there were any until you mentioned it. Does that mean, when I press the “unlock” button on the car (ie not the fob) it can be configured to do anything other than unlock the doors?

· Registered
3 Posts
We’re experiencing the same problem on our Elite now. It’s in the shop this week so I’ll report back when we get an answer. From what our body shop said, seems like the door lock/latch mechanism isn’t getting the same amount of electric power/force to open the lock when using the key as opposed to the button or latch on the inside of the door. It’s super weird.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it sounds like your problem may be similar but not identical. When our passenger-side front door lock is "stuck" it will not open: (1) using the key fob or (2) using the powered unlock button on inside of the door. But it will unlock (3) by manually pushing the lever on the passenger side of the door. In other words, the lock does not appear stuck physically, but does appear not to be openable using anything requiring electricity. Thanks for replying, and I'll be curious to hear what you discover!

· Registered
3 Posts
Yeah we’ve found similar issue. I haven’t tried manually with the key yet. When the body shop disassembled the interior part of the door, they found that the lock/latch mechanism was “tighter” than the passenger side. (Sorry forgot to mention ours was drivers not passenger). Dealer seems to think it might be some kind of lock malfunction with the hand sensor on the back of the exterior door handle but that doesn’t seem right to me. Either way they’re fixing it under warranty. Problem is they won’t do anything until they can replicate it in the shop, or until there’s an official TSB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.