Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It wasn’t too long ago you could do almost anything with a screw driver and 10mm wrench in a Honda.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So after all these replies no one knows how to do it for a 10-speed? The closest is the diagram and cut away picture?
I have never had a reason to look for it myself. I did get out to the ODY late this afternoon, only to find it is under the battery and battery tray. I do not know if it can be accessed by removing bottom splash shields or not. I did see a 10 speed tranny tore apart on youTube this afternoon and was amazed of how it was put together. This company with the tranny already removed and placed on a roiling cart (plastic) disassembled almost every component of the tranny with the exception of the valve body assembly, and yes they did not remove the neutral shaft, however you can see it on the video. As for me taking apart the bottom splash pans it will have to wait until I have the ODY jacked up, and rotating tires and changing oil and filter the later part of this spring.
Please watch this video...

back side XAT txt.png front side XAT txt.png

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Metric Vice Grips....I gotta remember that one!
A mechanic millwright friend of mine gave me that line about 20 years ago. Needless to say, I've gotten lots of mileage out of it. Do you U.S. folks ever use any metric fasteners or measurements? As far as I know, the U.S. is the only country left on the planet that still uses the old Imperial system; although our carpenters still use feet and inches.

Canada switched around 1975 and it almost cost the lives of 61 people. Lookup "The Gimli Glider." Quite a story. Air Canada Flight 143 was a Canadian domestic flight between Montreal and Edmonton that ran out of fuel on July 23, 1983, at an altitude of 41,000 feet, midway through the flight. The re-fuelers in Montreal miscalculated the weight of the fuel when converting from metric liters to pounds. Captain Pearson only had one half the fuel he needed to make his destination. He managed to "glide" his 767 to an abandoned Canadian Air Force base in Gimli. All survived and they managed to fly that 767 out of Gimli, after repairing the landing gear.

Once again, apologies to the OP for drifting off-topic :).

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
I still need to find out the location and procedure to manually shift into neutral just in case this ever happens again.
Yeah, probably a good idea just in case.

The tow companies need to up their game too. It's not acceptable that they remain ignorant of new technology and just drag expensive, but disabled, cars onto the truck deck. (Saw one today. It's painful to watch.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd rather have the tool as it covers more issues. But for battery issues why would a jump or say having one of those small jump start batteries work?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The battery was bad. Honda dealership had to replace the battery with a new one. Everything is working good now. I still need to find out the location and procedure to manually shift into neutral just in case this ever happens again.
thank you for your hard work / diligence on this, and sincere apologies.
We've had a ton of batteries go bad across Honda -and- Acura (MDX-2011, MDX-2014, RDX-2008, TSX-2006, RL-2006).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'd rather have the tool as it covers more issues. But for battery issues why would a jump or say having one of those small jump start batteries work?
Trust me when I say we tried five different jump start boxes that day. That's the first thing the tow guys wanted to do. I guess when your battery goes bad, no amount of jump start will work.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts