Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am hearing a whining noise from my 18 Oddysey (which I bought new in 2018). I only hear this when we are shifting from 1st to the 2nd gear. It is something that has recently developed.

The car has 36k (still has the powertrain warranty).

What could be the problem? No codes

Link:

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Hello,

I am hearing a whining noise from my 18 Oddysey (which I bought new in 2018). I only hear this when we are shifting from 1st to the 2nd gear. It is something that has recently developed.

Link:

9 speed or 10 speed tranny?

·
Registered
151 Posts
9 speed. Could that be the alternator?. Not sure..I am just thinking loudly
Alternator connected to the engine, driven by belt, absolutely not related to transmission and shifting.
If noise come depending on gear, its transmission problem.

Update: just watched video, sound like transmission slippage. Its sucks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alternator connected to the engine, driven by belt, absolutely not related to transmission and shifting.

That is what I thought first. With that said, transmission shifts the same way, the only thing that changed is the noise.

Hopefully, powertrain warranty covers this
That is what I thought first. With that said, transmission shifts the same way, the only thing that changed is the noise.

Hopefully, powertrain warranty covers this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: The dealer confirmed that the transmission is shot.

I will just trade it in after getting this problem fixed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the warranty?
They cover it. BUT I don't trust this car anymore. First, I had problems with injectors (at 27k) that left me stranded on hwy. Then, the whole transmission is getting replaced at 36k. Plus, I have had minor AC problem since 200 miles and Honda can't fix it. They should not have happened

·
Registered
2019 EX-L
204 Posts
Hello,

Link:

Please fill out the survey here: Transmission Survey + 9/10 speed detailed info (One...

Here is a 9 speed reset procedure: Transmission Survey + 9/10 speed detailed info (One...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts