Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has been giving me some problems. Mechanics reset the codes but now this new problem. Need Help

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
What were the codes?:unsure:
Is the Check Engine light on again? Then get the codes read from an Auto Parts store.
I can't figure out what's wrong because my Crystal Ball is showing an id10-T code! :(

Reactions: jiantao

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My crystal ball, my code.:ROFLMAO:
Your Elite, what's your code(s)? :unsure:
We can't help you with your problem without information. That is, unless I figure out how to fix my crystal ball!
it has been giving me some problems. Mechanics reset the codes but now this new problem.
You say problems and then new problem. Without better detail nobody can help.

Reactions: jiantao

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had this 2002 Ford Focus with this wacky "split port induction" engine once. It never had a code. One day, on a family camping trip three hours from home, we stopped for gas. I filled it up and went into the store. On my way out and back to the car, my wife starts it. There's an immediate racket like a giant fork in an even giant-er garbage disposal, then a few seconds later it stalls. It starts up again and runs for a few more seconds, this time the sound is a tenth of its original volume, and the engine then dies for the last time. Cranked forever after that with not a sign of any further life. The end.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Mechanics reset the codes but now this new problem.
Yeah, we need the codes.

The computer has probably limited the engine to 2000 RPM because of the codes. It's a result of the codes, not a cause.

Did the mechanic do any work before resetting the codes, or did he/she just reset the codes?

·
Administrator
14,148 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Nope, didn't help. My crystal ball is still showing id10-t. :( Thanks anyways bandit400!
And @samdaking seems to have disappeared, doesn't want to answer any of our questions!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a brand new Civic Hyb. in 2008 which had a control on the transmission which sent a sync signal to the engine, or so I was told by a dealer. The control on the transmission was not sending a correct signal to the engine and it would not go over 40 MPH with very high RPMs. It was fixed by a dealer who paid most of my towing charge.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nope, didn't help. My crystal ball is still showing id10-t. :( Thanks anyways bandit400!
And @samdaking seems to have disappeared, doesn't want to answer any of our questions!
Calling you MF was an early clue to his charming demeanor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friend's Toyota had a similar problem. Turned out it was the floor mat got stuck under the gas pedal and wouldn't allow full travel.

Not likely but worth checking.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Juggawut
1 - 17 of 17 Posts