Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently rear ended. Its a 2018 odyssey ex-l with sensing. To me. It seems like the bumper was pushed in (didn’t check for frame damage yet). When I attempt to close the tailgate with the remote it closes, locks into the latch and then unlocks (but tailgate is lock). Not sure if this makes any sense. I’m not sure if there is a sensor issue with the latches. On the display it shows warning for tailgate being open (but it’s actually close and lock) and the warning beeping noise comes on when in drive mode. Is there anyway to disable the warning beeping noise until insurance company can take the car in for repair? My last thought is to pull the fuse that is for the tailgate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not exactly safe to drive it that way...especially not knowing the extent of the damage. Why not get a rental until the vehicle can get an estimate?

Most likely a proximity switch as been thrown off kilter and the van doesn't think the hatch is closed. Not too sure if you can disable the warning though...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Found myself in a situation several months ago where the tailgate was showing as opened but could not be opened manually or with the remote or switch on dash. It required the dealer to solve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts