Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Elite has an odd problem: Frequently, the driver door will not open though the car is unlocked. All the other doors open fine, however the driver door will not open. When the handle is pulled, one can hear two beeps and nothing is engaged to open the door. The more the handle is pulled just two beeps.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

·
Registered
453 Posts
So the problem is intermittent? Have you been able to duplicate it and show it to the dealer? That's something they should fix under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
See this post on doors failing to unlock: 2018 Ody Drivers door not unlocking

The problem is with cables that run from the lock actuator in the door to both the interval door lever and door lock cylinder. The cables are very similar to bicycle brake cables. The outer sheath is damaged and prevents The inner cable from moving. The keeps the door locked.

You can unlock the door if you use the mechanical key that is inside the key fob.

i suggest that you:
1. Go to dealership and order a new set of cables for the driver door and a new actuator.
2. When the parts arrive and you driver door is locked, crawl in the passenger side and go to the dealer.
Do not get out the driver's side because this yanks on the stuck cable and now the door will
lock and unlock.
3. Park the van blocking traffic into the service area. You want the service guys to have to work
Around your locked parked van
4. Crawl out the passenger door and lock the car with the key fob.
5. Wait. When the dealership guys ask for the keys to move your van get the service writer and service manager
to observe how hard it is for their people to get into the van. Remind them that you have been having the
same "fun" and are very tired of this annoyance. It is always good to share misery.
6. Now ask them to fix the problem and remind them that the parts are in stock. If you had to pay for the parts,
they will refund your costs.

Gary d

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the problem is intermittent? Have you been able to duplicate it and show it to the dealer? That's something they should fix under warranty.
Yes. Warranty work for sure. I took the car back to the dealer this morning for a second try at fixing this. I will update as this gets figured out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See this post on doors failing to unlock: 2018 Ody Drivers door not unlocking

The problem is with cables that run from the lock actuator in the door to both the interval door lever and door lock cylinder. The cables are very similar to bicycle brake cables. The outer sheath is damaged and prevents The inner cable from moving. The keeps the door locked.

You can unlock the door if you use the mechanical key that is inside the key fob.

i suggest that you:
1. Go to dealership and order a new set of cables for the driver door and a new actuator.
2. When the parts arrive and you driver door is locked, crawl in the passenger side and go to the dealer.
Do not get out the driver's side because this yanks on the stuck cable and now the door will
lock and unlock.
3. Park the van blocking traffic into the service area. You want the service guys to have to work
Around your locked parked van
4. Crawl out the passenger door and lock the car with the key fob.
5. Wait. When the dealership guys ask for the keys to move your van get the service writer and service manager
to observe how hard it is for their people to get into the van. Remind them that you have been having the
same "fun" and are very tired of this annoyance. It is always good to share misery.
6. Now ask them to fix the problem and remind them that the parts are in stock. If you had to pay for the parts,
they will refund your costs.

Gary d
I will ensure the dealer checks the cables. THANK YOU! I appreciate your humor and may just follow that drop off plan!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts