Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Elite - 10speed A/T. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following. When crusing at 45-50mph on level ground I can feel a faint vibration in the vehicle/steering wheel. Tachometer is at 1600rpm-ish and shows noticeable vibration as well, perhaps +/- 100rpm. Transmission is in highest gear, typically 7th under these conditions. If I downshift things smooth out. Seems to only occur under these conditions - i.e. don't experience this at higher or lower speed ranges, when climbing hills, etc. Could this be VCM active? Other thoughts?

·
Registered
374 Posts
That’s what I’ve been experiencing also. I figured it was VCM but I get a weird noise that occurs at the same time so for a while I thought it was an issue with the noise cancellation. It’s a faint vibration and the first few occurrences the noise was so alarming that we didn’t notice the vibration was also occurring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don’t have a solution for you though. The dealer is still trying to replicate the issue on ours.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It happens to me but at lower speeds and when applying the ever so slightest amount of pressure on the gas peddle. To recreate this go to a road with a slight incline and set the cruise control to 35 mph. That puts the rpms in the same range and adds just a little throttle input to cause this to happen every time. When it does happen I feel a slight constant vibration in the steering wheel and floor boards on the drivers side. Plus there is a very low drone. It as if the van in a higher gear then it should be in. If I down shift as mentioned it goes away instantly. Reminds me of the time I drove a manual and would try to accelerate quickly in to high of a gear.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I experience this in my 2018 Elite, and attributed it to VCM. If you give it the slightest throttle, the vibration goes away, correct?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sounds typical of the VCM. My RDX seems to have it but only very minimal and muted and therefore not noticeable in every day driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I get the same with my 2016. It usually goes away if gas pedal is released or go faster to change gear. Please update us with dealer findings. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Elite does exactly the same. Just barely noticeable but definitely there. Have not had it looked into.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi
You all are experiencing harmonics of the drivetrain under those low speed low load conditions. VCM is likely a big part of it.

Try pressing the ECO button and make the green leaf twig disappear on the instrument panel. The observed phenomena should disappear because the computer will change the engine throttle map and shift points.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I experienced this too. The engine mounts and active noise cancellation are supposed to prevent you from noticing the VCM cylinder deactivation.

No more issues since I installed the S-VCM

https://www.svcmcontroller.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
2019 Elite - 10speed A/T. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following. When crusing at 45-50mph on level ground I can feel a faint vibration in the vehicle/steering wheel. Tachometer is at 1600rpm-ish and shows noticeable vibration as well, perhaps +/- 100rpm. Transmission is in highest gear, typically 7th under these conditions. If I downshift things smooth out. Seems to only occur under these conditions - i.e. don't experience this at higher or lower speed ranges, when climbing hills, etc. Could this be VCM active? Other thoughts?
Guys I have the

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue and took it to Honda and they said nothing has been reported by Honda when they contacted them. This is real annoying.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite and took it to Honda and they said nothing has been reported by Honda when they contacted them. This is real annoying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Search for my post under my username. I had the same thing and had major issues. Long story short, they replaced my left front strut and that wasn’t it. Ended up having the entire front subframe replaced due to a manufacturing defect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts