Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2019 EX-L (No RES). Multiple error problem codes rotating in sequence on dash screen

459 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Johnmh
I was test driving a 2019 Honday Odyssey EX-L(no nav or RES) with about 47K miles. I was sitting at a red light and this cart displayed probably every error message it had in sequence over and over for about 10 minutes. This issue went away as quickly and mysteriously as it occurred. I did not notice any issue with the driving or the van. Here are the messages: Hill Assist Problem, Adaptive Cruise Control Problem, Road Departure Mitagation System Problem, Collision Mitighation System Problem, Vehicle Stability Assist Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Power Steering System (EPS) Problem, Electric Parking Brake Problem, Brake System Problem. We had been using the steering wheel paddles to manually shift the transmission and the van was also low on fuel (low fuel waring on). Anyone seen or heard of this situation before? Any advice, and or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA.
See less
I was test driving a 2019 Honday Odyssey EX-L(no nav or RES) with about 47K miles. I was sitting at a red light and this cart displayed probably every error message it had in sequence over and over for about 10 minutes. This issue went away as quickly and mysteriously as it occurred. I did not notice any issue with the driving or the van. Here are the messages: Hill Assist Problem, Adaptive Cruise Control Problem, Road Departure Mitagation System Problem, Collision Mitighation System...
See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,760 Posts
@MikeB428
Could aslo be the battery ground off from negative battery cable to chassis or even a loose battery connection, al these two items are noted as well plus replacing the battery itself as problems can be resolved by them. Hope you have enough time to look at this ODY Forum, the earlier ODY's had quite a few problems, not that the newer ones don't as well. Also be aware of the 9-speed transmission, a lot of people have complaints about the shifting and sometimes when it acts as though it is in Neutral not shifting into next gear. Not trying to scare you but make you aware there is problems.

· Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L
210 Posts
So many of those are interdependent with each other that one will set off all the rest.

A weak battery causing voltage sag when a high-power electric draw occurs (such as from EPS) can very easily get one system mad, resulting in a lot of other things going whack.

· Registered
316 Posts
I’ve not seen anything like it on my 19. I’d ask the dealer to replace the battery and check the ground, like others have mentioned. Then take it for another test drive, see what happens. Are they giving you a warranty with the purchase?

· Registered
14 Posts
Our 2019 Elite (55K miles) just had those exact lights go off on the dash. We brought it in to the dealership and was told the front passenger wheel speed sensor went bad. According to the write up, the code stored was C0034-14.

· Registered
5 Posts
I had a squirrel chew through a sensor wire in the rear wheel well of my 2016 Elite and I got the same thing. It set off a chain of alarms all caused by a single sensor being out. The trick is finding which sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts