Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2019 EXL 240K miles

516 6
Hi!
I have 2019 EXL and It already has 240k miles on its odometer.
I don’t trust stealer-ship advices (long story short transmission grinding problem started 200k miles ago and 4 different states’ stealerships performed diagnostics and couldn’t find any issues but it’s grinding!!! and my solution is when grinding starts (only on D mode): foot off the gas pedal, shift to N, wait until stable rpm and shift to S mode and continue driving) so I thought someone here can help.
I am driving cross country and also I have long idling times. So I am thinking this engine needs some kind of cleaning/maintenance since it burned more than 11k gallons of gas.
can you advise me what to do and maybe good mechanic referral?

TIA!

happy holidays!

OMER
Reactions: Azdude
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
How... in... the... world... ?? To answer your question is simple, you've exceeded the mechanical limits of the vehicle for which it was designed or intended. It is its way of informing you of an impeding death and to put it out of its misery right away.

·
Registered
2019 HONDA ODYSSEY EX-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How... in... the... world... ?? To answer your question is simple, you've exceeded the mechanical limits of the vehicle for which it was designed or intended. It is its way of informing you of an impeding death and to put it out of its misery right away.
To be honest. That wasn’t the answer I was looking for since other than transmission problem nothing wrong with the van. Thank you though. 👍🏼

·
Registered
2019 Odyssey EX
152 Posts
So it has been grinding for the last 200k miles? Has it gotten worse?

Does it always grind? Or something that just starts once in a while?

Is it a noise? Or something you feel? Or both?

Does the frequency of the grinding change with engine speed (rpm)? Or with vehicle speed? Does it go away when you stop?

When you have had it checked by the dealers do they acknowledge that it is grinding but say they can not figure out why? Or do they say it is normal? Or can they not replicate the grinding?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts