Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2019 honda odyssey after 9000 miles suddenly showing "Emission System Problem" message with pop up Engine sign & "BRAKE" light on. Don't know what to do? Please help me.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
You're under warranty. As suggested above, take it to your dealer where they will plug in a scan tool, read the code(s) and then repair what has failed. It's likely not a big deal but does need to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I had the same message appear for two days after I had to boost my van this past winter. It went away on its own, but I agree, take it to the dealer. They can scan it in no time at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This happened on my van and they had to replace "Fuel Injector Replacement: P219B AIR-FUEL RATIO VARIATION OF CYLINDER. NEEDS FUEL INJECTOR SET AND FUEL JOINT PIPE" on a van with 25,000 miles on it.
Take it in while you are under warranty. The service manager stated they had a bad part supplier and many odyssey's and pilot's have been experiencing this issue.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Is the 5th generation Odyssey offered in "lemon yellow?" All the other colors seem so out of place.
Back somewhere in the 1960 era, a neighborhood friend father bought a new 1960 Station Wagon, problem was the automatic transmission went out after a month of owning the car. He had the dealer tow it in, and the dealer said that he overheated the transmission. No hitch for towing, only father-mother-2 children and a few grocery's bags was ever put in it. They still refused to repair it or give him another new car. He went out and bought a whole lot of lemons and put them all around the car and parked the car on the city street in front of the dealer. The dealer told him he had to move the car immediately, he said no law about him having the car there as it was a legal parking area. He had also put on all the windows a sign saying lemon. After having the car parked 3 days in front of the dealership, they give him the full amount for the car back to him that he paid for it. My dad had commented not to many people bought cars from the dealer during this time, and lost a lot of future car deals later. It had even made the local newspaper with the full story on it. I wonder if that would work now?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Back somewhere in the 1960 era, a neighborhood friend's father bought a new 1960 Station Wagon, the problem was the automatic transmission went out after a month of owning the car. He had the dealer tow it in, and the dealer said that he overheated the transmission. No hitch for towing, only father-mother-2 children and a few grocery's bags was ever put in it. They still refused to repair it or give him another new car. He went out and bought a whole lot of lemons and put them all around the car and parked the car on the city street in front of the dealer. The dealer told him he had to move the car immediately, he said no law about him having the car there as it was a legal parking area. He had also put on all the windows a sign saying lemon. After having the car parked 3 days in front of the dealership, they give him the full amount for the car back to him that he paid for it. My dad had commented not too many people bought cars from the dealer during this time and lost a lot of future car deals later. It had even made the local newspaper with the full story on it. I wonder if that would work now?
Interesting story, DJVAN! I guess now that we have social media, we could start some sort of "campaign." The effect of said campaign would kick in after Honda Corp got wind of it. It's amazing how a little poor publicity can hurt a business.

In 1959 I believe, we had a five-day power outage due to an ice storm in Montreal. People were scrambling for camping stoves, kerosene, candles, and anything else they could get their hands on for survival. The local hardware store was very large. They were able to open a few days after the storm ended. During the rush for supplies, they doubled and tripled their prices and still sold out of everything in a few days. Problem: after the hydro was restored, no one ever set foot in that store again. They closed in a matter of a few weeks. They would have been better to actually reduce their prices because everyone was up against the wall. They would have been flush with business and considered a local hero. So public opinion can kill a business.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Interesting story, DJVAN! I guess now that we have social media, we could start some sort of "campaign." The effect of said campaign would kick in after Honda Corp got wind of it. It's amazing how a little poor publicity can hurt a business.

In 1959 I believe, we had a five-day power outage due to an ice storm in Montreal. People were scrambling for camping stoves, kerosene, candles, and anything else they could get their hands on for survival. The local hardware store was very large. They were able to open a few days after the storm ended. During the rush for supplies, they doubled and tripled their prices and still sold out of everything in a few days. Problem: after the hydro was restored, no one ever set foot in that store again. They closed in a matter of a few weeks. They would have been better to actually reduce their prices because everyone was up against the wall. They would have been flush with business and considered a local hero. So public opinion can kill a business.
Ow, being out of power. We had our power out due to 13" ice storm, trees took out so many power-lines including the weight of the power lines with ice on them. This happened on Oct 31, what a Halloween night!

I know for a fact most of the big box companies/hardware stores (brand name), have sale prices marked on almost all of the items in-house, so when a disaster happens they can take it up to full price in their stores and not be illegal.

I'm off subject sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts