Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying 2019 honda pilot touring wheels to put on my 2016 Honda odyssey LX. Can anyone help me know if they would work? I attached the information of the wheels I want to buy but I honestly have no clue if they will work on my car. I'm not much car savy.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oh, I'm not doubting you
Just making a statement

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes
Correct size for tires would be 255/45/20.
Do you know if when looking into buying wheels do I just make sure the lug pattern matches? I think I would want to stick to smaller wheels maybe. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for when searching for wheels for my Odyssey. I appreciate you responding.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Do you know if when looking into buying wheels do I just make sure the lug pattern matches? I think I would want to stick to smaller wheels maybe. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for when searching for wheels for my Odyssey. I appreciate you responding.
just make sure the rims are 5x120 bolt pattern and 64.1mm hub bore size. Stick to OEM rims as they do not crack and are stronger than aftermarket junk wheels.

·
Registered
2013 Odyssey Touring, 2018 Volvo V60
143 Posts
Offfset matters also, but it looks like the Pilot wheels are close enough (5mm off from OEM Ody wheels, I think) to not make a significant difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just make sure the rims are 5x120 bolt pattern and 64.1mm hub bore size. Stick to OEM rims as they do not crack and are stronger than aftermarket junk wheels.

How do they list the Hub bore size? Is their another name for it or just specifically ask that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have pilot wheels on my ody, different year, but they should fit just fine. i do think 20" wheels for everyday use van is too much. the ride will be harsher and you're much more likely to bend or damage a rim with that little sidewall if you hit a pothole or something. i'd stick to 18" or less personally.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
How do they list the Hub bore size? Is their another name for it or just specifically ask that?
So this info you have to research on your own. Don't always rely on seller info.

Some sites to use when upgrading wheels:
Replacement Honda Pilot Wheels / Rims | Stock | HH Auto
(I linked the pilot wheel section for you)

Use the wheel site to see if bolt pattern and hub bore is same as OE. Use tire site to correctly match tires to your vehicle to avoid incorrect speedometer readings.
Again, highly suggest sticking to OEM wheels as they are more robust compared to some aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I have pilot wheels on my ody, different year, but they should fit just fine. i do think 20" wheels for everyday use van is too much. the ride will be harsher and you're much more likely to bend or damage a rim with that little sidewall if you hit a pothole or something. i'd stick to 18" or less personally.
20s is the max I would go, after that tires are expensive and ride becomes too harsh.
18s is the sweet spot.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Now I'm confused
What is she trying to do?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Thank you for all the help! I found these do you know if they would work fine since they are from a odyssey?
Yes but for 1k that's wayyy to much for those wheels. I see them here and locally $800 max.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,725 Posts
Yes but for 1k that's wayyy to much for those wheels. I see them here and locally $800 max.
Also note they are actually 5x120, not 5x150 as described in the listing.

I'm amazed at how much people as for used OEM wheels/tires that aren't rare... If they were the "Elite" 19" ones, maybe... but the standard ones that come on the rest of the vans? eh...

-Charlie

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd sell you mine for $500

1 - 18 of 18 Posts