Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife misplaced the key to our 2019 Odyssey and she thought it "fell into the storage console" because she continued to use the car without getting the backup key out of our safe. This lasted about a week. She or I would use the car as normal - press the button start. Run errands, etc. and start/stop it during that time with no visible key and no issues. Yesterday afternoon (after going to store in the morning) the ody would not start and give the message to hold the key closer to the Start button. She then looked all over the van but could not find the fob. . .

Any ideas? Why would it work for a week then stop? Wouldn't the fob have had to be in the van for the week for it to operate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My wife misplaced the key to our 2019 Odyssey and she thought it "fell into the storage console" because she continued to use the car without getting the backup key out of our safe. This lasted about a week. She or I would use the car as normal - press the button start. Run errands, etc. and start/stop it during that time with no visible key and no issues. Yesterday afternoon (after going to store in the morning) the ody would not start and give the message to hold the key closer to the Start button. She then looked all over the van but could not find the fob. . .

Any ideas? Why would it work for a week then stop? Wouldn't the fob have had to be in the van for the week for it to operate?

Thanks!
FOB battery is getting low. you must be in paradise, a whole week without locking your van.

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
Maybe the errant fob moved around to being just outside the range of the receiver?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Maybe slipped between seat cushions and finally slipped onto back floor and now far enough under back seat so that signal is not making it back to dash, It had to be somewhere in the car, or maybe she switched purses or jackets and didn't switch the fob to new one. It had to be present for it to start the car!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
lol good luck finding things you drop in Odyssey... I lost my dashcam remote control a month ago and still trying to find it :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
My guess is it is in a purse or pocket and you switched to a different purse or jacket and now the car is not starting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts