Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m posting based on what seems to be a growing issue as more people enter the summer months to find out their brand new Odysseys start blowing hot air when A/C is turned on. No - you’re not going crazy. Sometimes it works (when you are continuously driving) and sometimes it doesn’t (when waiting at a stoplight or for 10-15 min after being parked in the hot sun). I live in Tucson, AZ and am on my third Honda Odyssey. I’ve never experienced this A/C issue until the 2019 model. I was grateful to have found this forum to prove to the service manager at my dealership that this was indeed a real problem. My service was today and like many previous posts, the repair included an evac and recharge. My particular system was overcharged. I hope Honda and its dealerships get out in front of this problem because a lot of owners of new vans are getting the runaround over what seems to be a widespread issue.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Been a lot said on this in other forums. My 2 cents worth.

I am on Ody number 5 I purchased my first in 2002.

The air conditioning in my 2018 does not adequately cool the vehicle on the few hot days we have in my part of the world. I have never experienced hot air (unless I am talking to Honda Canada tech support about the useless Honda Link app). Couldn't resist. There is inadequate cooling. Can't imagine what it must be like in hot climates.

Any of my previius generation Odys would freeze the ass off of u if you set it high enough.

In winter I feel cold air all the time on the drivers legs. It is either blowing cold air instead of hot or theres an opening to the outside air burried down there somewhere.

At best poorly designed climate control.

·
Registered
538 Posts
In Phoenix we have been working to get the coolest interior we can, several tips.
  • Dark, but legal, tint on all but the windshield.
  • Put in a reflective windshield cover, added a cutout to keep the electronics package behind the mirror cooler.
  • Put a sun shield in the rear window if it is facing the sun.
  • We put a sheet of Reflectrix (foil and bubble insulation) in the sun roof and pulled the fuse to prevent accidents.
  • We keep all four side shades up.
  • We turn off economy mode so the AC runs at full power.
  • When starting a trip we use Sport mode to boost the engine RPMs and cooling until the temp drops.
Still not great but survivable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts