Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 odyssey exl has a crackling noise in dash. Sounds like sleet hitting windshield. Dealer had 5 weeks no help. Honda no help. Anybody else had this problem and figured out what was wrong?

·
Registered
136 Posts
That’s a new one to me. I can’t really offer any help other than to say that your dealer should have their DPSM involved with this vehicle a long time ago. Like within the first week. There’s surely been multiple calls to techline and with those and the DPSM they can and will get a field tech involved. Those poor saps get only the toughest of jobs to fix and are really good at their jobs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda assign this van a tech # and deemed this van in not repairable by their engineers. So no Honda dealer can work on this van for this problem again until further notice...filed lemon law, Honda responded they are not doing anything else. Could file suit but not doing that you always lose.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You need a better explanation than that. Does that mean that they are saying it’s a normal characteristic of the vehicle or that it’s not fixable?

If it’s supposedly normal then they need to be able to prove it with another van.

If it’s not fixable then I’d surely think that’s a winnable case. It would also be the first time I’ve heard of such a case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The service manager told Honda and Honda attorneys that he did could not get problem to duplicate on last at shop but service manger told me the same thing and he also told me he did not think it was fixed...he was right he was right stared again before I got home..i called him said sorry could not work on anymore

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard to believe my van is the only one doing this..very annoying sound about 50% of the time..does it moving or just sitting still running.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hard to believe my van is the only one doing this..very annoying sound about 50% of the time..does it moving or just sitting still running.
Darrell did you know about theTSB on the fuel pump chirping ?
TSB 16-013 - High Pressure Fuel Pump Chirps
Applies To: 2018-19 Odyssey - ALL - ALL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just noticed this crackling noise on our 2018 EX-L. It's intermittent and hard to hear when you have the sound on but the perfect description is "like sleet hitting your windshield". I haven't brought our van to the dealer yet but planning to bring this up on our next visit. This sound just came up a few weeks ago, our van has only 12K miles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2K15 Honda Odysey and it's making a slight but obvious noise that seems to be coming from at the back the dash. It's hard to explain a sound. To me, I would liken it to a sound of a boiling pot with a lid in which the lid is vibrating from the steam evading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2019 odyssey exl has a crackling noise in dash. Sounds like sleet hitting windshield. Dealer had 5 weeks no help. Honda no help. Anybody else had this problem and figured out what was wrong?
Yes a bull Iran just came out to Honda people and they ordered a part to put on the speaker output to stop the popping noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes a bull Iran just came out to Honda people and they ordered a part to put on the speaker output to stop the popping noise.
I have a 2K15 Honda Odysey and it's making a slight but obvious noise that seems to be coming from at the back the dash. It's hard to explain a sound. To me, I would liken it to a sound of a boiling pot with a lid in which the lid is vibrating from the steam evading.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well now we have a popping clicking sound coming from the under dash area on the passenger side according to my wifei cant hear it as i have severe hearing loss, it dont do it all the time just occasionally.
Took it to the dealer and they could not find anything, it’s still popping and clicking away. I did talk to them about the fuel pump TSB but was told if they cant make make the popping sound they cant fix it.
We are going to record it but dont expect much from that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
3 2019 Honda Odyssey visibility TSB (Bulletin APaS07082019906)
Bulletin Date:Jul. 8, 2019
Component:Visibility.
Bulletin Summary:Dealer message - american Honda motor CO. , inc. (ahm) is investigating certain 2018-2019 odysseys, pilots & ridgelines with a customer complaint of a chirp noise heard inside cabin or coming from the engine compartment. To better understand
Vehicles covered in this TSB:2018 Honda Odyssey, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2019 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Ridgeline, 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts