Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sad to report that 10 days since they replaced the Combination Meter, I heard the crackling noise again. I wasn't as bad this time but one aspect of the issue is its inconsistent presentation. I'm debating my next move.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called Honda customer service yesterday and after talking to a couple of reps i was given a case number to take to my Dealer to have the wiring bundle replaced, the 2019 SE-L is my wife's car and she decided she did not want her dash tore out to replace the wire bundle so if she is happy im happy. I guess we will have a popping Honda now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my 2020 EX-L in for the 3rd row power outlet recall and also mentioned the three service bulletins that @rgrisoli mentioned in post #24. The lead technician said that he was familiar with the issue and would be able to fix it the same day. It did take the full day and, so far, the popping noise is gone!

The service notes say that the wire harness was rerouted and that all of the bus connections were checked. It doesn’t sound like the harness was replaced with a new one, which makes me a little nervous that the popping noise may come back in the future.

In the mean time, I will enjoy the quiet ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
she decided she did not want her dash tore out to replace the wire bundle
Just FYI, my EX-L did collect some additional faint scratches on the dashboard black plastic to the right of the engine start button and in front of the passenger seat - looks like from the pry tool they used to open things up. Another faint scratch found on the passenger seat leather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called Honda customer service yesterday and after talking to a couple of reps i was given a case number to take to my Dealer to have the wiring bundle replaced, the 2019 SE-L is my wife's car and she decided she did not want her dash tore out to replace the wire bundle so if she is happy im happy. I guess we will have a popping Honda now.
I met EX-L

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 Odyssey Elite had this crackling sound issue for many months now - sounds like sleet hitting the windshield. The dealer here in MN was able to fix this by taking apart the dashboard and checking all the wiring harness and connections. I'm not certain if they replaced any parts, but after the fix the crackling sound is gone. It's been 3 weeks now and haven't heard it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sad to report that 10 days since they replaced the Combination Meter, I heard the crackling noise again. I wasn't as bad this time but one aspect of the issue is its inconsistent presentation. I'm debating my next move.
Update: Still sad to report that the crackling noise is not only back but getting worse. AND, likely unrelated but who knows... Apple CarPlay is essentially broken after initially working fine. Dealer said there's no fix for the crackling noise and to not plug the iPhone into the USB port, just play music though Bluetooth instead. Great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did the same thing and the honda dealer had a fix from headquarters and no more noise. Call Honda of Covington (Louisiana) ask for service manager; if he doesn't know ask him to pull the file on Rick Grisoli 2019 Odyssey and look into the popping noise fix that was a recall. (I thought all dealers would have been alerted) Best of luck because it was so annoying. need more info? my cell is 985-507-9116
Just curious if your popping noise ever returned or if their fix worked? I bought an Ex-L from this dealer at the end of last month and I am already hearing this annoying noise. Haven’t even picked up my plate in Covington yet but may get them to look at this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious if your popping noise ever returned or if their fix worked? I bought an Ex-L from this dealer at the end of last month and I am already hearing this annoying noise. Haven’t even picked up my plate in Covington yet but may get them to look at this
Mine returned - dealer has "no fix", blames Honda corporate. I've taken it so many times I think I should be eligible for Lemon Law but I've not done anything yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2019 Odyssey EX-L w/Nav in October of 2019 and also experienced this crackling noise. After several unsuccessful attempts by the local Honda technicians to repair this, they called in an engineer from Honda corporate. I am not sure exactly what was done other than I know it had to do with the wiring harness (they did not replace it). However, the noise has not returned in the past few months. I would assume that Honda has updated their bulletins since that "fix". I will also note that we have not driven much in the last few months since COVID-19 began.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure what they did but this noise was fixed after the first time it was "addressed" they said something needed to be tightened under the wiper cowl :cautious:

coming from speakers?

idk, can't complain with the results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I'm going to tempt fate here and let this thread know that the dealer said they finally have a fix for the crackling noise (yay!), and we brought it in yesterday. I'm hopeful this time, not because they said so, but because it's taking them more than a day to do the work, which is rare for this dealer, so that tells me it was a fairly systemic, system-wide issue that they need to look at (such as examining/redoing the wiring harness(es) for the audio - which some have pointed to as the cause. We'll see what happens when we get it back... fingers and toes crossed. @tlauro4

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 odyssey exl has a crackling noise in dash. Sounds like sleet hitting windshield. Dealer had 5 weeks no help. Honda no help. Anybody else had this problem and figured out what was wrong?
I’m having the exact same problem. I have a 2020 ESL. The noise comes and goes, I thought my windshield was cracking. Had it at the dealer yesterday, they told me they’ve had the same complaints from others but don’t have a solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m having the exact same problem. I have a 2020 ESL. The noise comes and goes, I thought my windshield was cracking. Had it at the dealer yesterday, they told me they’ve had the same complaints from others but don’t have a solution.
My dealer FINALLY, after almost a year, declared that they have a fix (see my earlier post) and we had it in and it seems to be fixed! The service report states "MISC R&R METER - FOUND HARNESS BENT IN" and "SEPARATED HARNESS FROM HARNESS TO CREATE SLACK IN MOST WIRING". Apparently it was a big deal, they had it for 2 days.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts