Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Happened upon this thread and it's been a great resource.

Looking at the 2019 Odyssey EX trim but I may just have set my expectations a little high with how low I assumed they would/could go in terms of wanting to get rid of their old models since the 2020s should be a hot commodity at the moment.

Getting OTD prices low end, $32,700, high end, $33,600 (which isn't a big difference I get it).
No extra features, just the EX with taxes and fees.

Is this just a fact of the matter kind of price (for the low end of course), I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by expecting more wiggle room if it's just not there, which is fine. Everyone wants a good deal but I don't want to be the jerk looking like, well, a jerk.
It's more so the fact that our budget is strict and I may be better off getting an older CPO model.

Any input is appreciated, I'm positive I sound like a nube so thank you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have you considered a lease return? Should be low miles, and substantially cheaper.

Some Honda dealers are still riding the loyalty wave due to their PREVIOUS reputation of quality and value retention.....that ship has pretty much sailed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you considered a lease return? Should be low miles, and substantially cheaper.

Some Honda dealers are still riding the loyalty wave due to their PREVIOUS reputation of quality and value retention.....that ship has pretty much sailed.
I actually haven't considered a lease return. My husband and his family are pretty die hard Honda people and since we've had our Civics, they've been pretty solid. As this is our first big adult car purchase, hoping their reputation stands but :/

Thanks! A lease return could very well be our next venture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! Happened upon this thread and it's been a great resource.

Looking at the 2019 Odyssey EX trim but I may just have set my expectations a little high with how low I assumed they would/could go in terms of wanting to get rid of their old models since the 2020s should be a hot commodity at the moment.

Getting OTD prices low end, $32,700, high end, $33,600 (which isn't a big difference I get it).
No extra features, just the EX with taxes and fees.

Is this just a fact of the matter kind of price (for the low end of course), I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by expecting more wiggle room if it's just not there, which is fine. Everyone wants a good deal but I don't want to be the jerk looking like, well, a jerk.
It's more so the fact that our budget is strict and I may be better off getting an older CPO model.

Any input is appreciated, I'm positive I sound like a nube so thank you.
Your prices don't look too bad, but it varies by region, e.g. not much 2019 inventory left in NJ. I've just locked down an OTD price of $34K in NJ for a 2020 EX and I had to walk from 2 dealers to get that plus I play VERY hardball tactics and have absolutely no hesitations about looking like a jerk!

Take off $1K for a 2019 so it seems you're in the right range.

This forum has been invaluable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your prices don't look too bad, but it varies by region, e.g. not much 2019 inventory left in NJ. I've just locked down an OTD price of $34K in NJ for a 2020 EX and I had to walk from 2 dealers to get that plus I play VERY hardball tactics and have absolutely no hesitations about looking like a jerk!

Take off $1K for a 2019 so it seems you're in the right range.

This forum has been invaluable.
Wow! That's impressive. Right, the dealerships I've tracked down only have a few 2019s left in stock but perhaps email correspondence doesn't put on the pressure like being in person. We're in WV and the big dealerships are all in PA, not a short drive.

But congrats on your new purchase and I will try and get on that level!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts