Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having the same issue I think there is an issue in the transmission please report your problem to the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to alert them of the issue so that they can get the manufacturer involved the number is 1-888-327-4236

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up my 2019 EX-L yesterday and I feel like the transmission/engine is lagging more than my 2014 CRV. I’m not a car person so I don’t know much about the 3rd gear shift, but your description matches what I’ve been feeling. I didn’t test drive the car because I figured it’s a new car and I like my CRV so the way it drives shouldn’t be a problem. I’m taking it back to the dealer to have accessories added in the next week so I’m going to mention it, but it sounds like none of you have received satisfactory attention to address the issue.

I have this horrible buyers remorse feeling, I don’t even want to bring it up to my husband because then it will become a whole thing...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up my 2019 EX-L yesterday and I feel like the transmission/engine is lagging more than my 2014 CRV. I’m not a car person so I don’t know much about the 3rd gear shift, but your description matches what I’ve been feeling. I didn’t test drive the car because I figured it’s a new car and I like my CRV so the way it drives shouldn’t be a problem. I’m taking it back to the dealer to have accessories added in the next week so I’m going to mention it, but it sounds like none of you have received satisfactory attention to address the issue.

I have this horrible buyers remorse feeling, I don’t even want to bring it up to my husband because then it will become a whole thing...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having the same issue I think there is an issue in the transmission please report your problem to the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to alert them of the issue so that they can get the manufacturer involved the number is 1-888-327-4236

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issue with 2019 EXL, same response from dealership. I am, though, getting more proficient at recreating the problem!! I find that if, from a stop, I do not let the car go above 2,000 rpm's (thus allowing it to cycle to a higher set of gears) the issue (hard clank at best, violent jerk at worst) occurs while either lightly accelerating or coasting with the rpm's between 1,300 and 1,500. I have experienced the issue while running through 2,000 rpm's and then back to 1,500 rpm's but the issue seems most easily recreated never letting the car exceed 2,000 rpm's. Also getting a clanking noise from left front when backing up (and turning the wheel) or slow sharp turn. Of course, tech said he drove it and all was fine. After $60.00 in a car rental (they had car for 1.5 days) and 3 hours of lost work productivity, the only hard conclusion drawn was that I was waisting THEIR time.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EX
2,078 Posts
am having the same issue I think there is an issue in the transmission please report your problem to the U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to alert them of the issue so that they can get the manufacturer involved the number is 1-888-327-4236
Jsm0102, you have posted the same response 7 times. Is there any particular reason why :)? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue, 19 Odyssey EXL 11000 miles. Hard shift after accelerating to 20-25mph then easing off throttle. Can feel it and hear it. Definitely was not doing that a few months ago. Taking to dealer Jan 6. After reading this thread, I'm not optimistic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Software updated and the hard shift is gone. If you are still having this issue you should go to your dealer, let them know there is a service bulletin on it and request the software update. This is covered under warranty. I'll post again in another thousand miles or so to let y'all know if we're still shifting smooth as butter!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts