Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...my company recently gave me a 2019 Odyssey LX. As we're all aware, this is the base model vehicle. I have a couple of questions I was wondering if any of you can answer.

Question 1: This model doesn't come with the CarPlay ready infotainment display. Is it possible to take a head-unit from an EX or higher, and install it in my vehicle? Obviously they'd be a cost involved with this...but I'll do my research to find the best pricing. Any thoughts would be great.

Question 2: This is about the DRL's. I've already changed the low beam bulbs from halogen to LED, and they look 100% better. What I did notice is, on the headlight assembly, the LED strip on the perimeter of the housing is already there but not 'active'. Before I take the headlight assembly apart, are the holes already there for a bulb to be installed, or do I have to drill it out? Can I reroute the wiring from the existing DRL's to these new lights? Any thoughts or comments would be great.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a set of headlights from my EX-L that I would sell you if you are interested, send a private message with an offer.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
816 Posts
@jamesjfromliny welcome to the forum! It doesn't look like the headlights are not pre-wired for DRL but if you're handy and willing to modify them you certainly can do something. Unless you have to return to stock before returning the vehicle.

Check out this link: LX headlights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I’m going to call the dealership about a part number. As far as the van is concerned, it won’t be returned to Honda...my company purchases them outright.
Thanks for your time.
@jamesjfromliny welcome to the forum! It doesn't look like the headlights are not pre-wired for DRL but if you're handy and willing to modify them you certainly can do something. Unless you have to return to stock before returning the vehicle.

Check out this link: LX headlights

·
Registered
359 Posts
Question 1: This model doesn't come with the CarPlay ready infotainment display. Is it possible to take a head-unit from an EX or higher, and install it in my vehicle? Obviously they'd be a cost involved with this...but I'll do my research to find the best pricing. Any thoughts would be great.
Not sure about this, in case of my 2016 Civic LX it is not possible to put EX and above touch screens, wiring is completely different. It won't be just high costing project but involving af too

Question 2: This is about the DRL's. I've already changed the low beam bulbs from halogen to LED, and they look 100% better. What I did notice is, on the headlight assembly, the LED strip on the perimeter of the housing is already there but not 'active'. Before I take the headlight assembly apart, are the holes already there for a bulb to be installed, or do I have to drill it out? Can I reroute the wiring from the existing DRL's to these new lights? Any thoughts or comments would be great.
Take a picture of your harness, so we can compare, Hondas usually include all necessary wiring (if you don't have fog lights your car might be prewired)

Anyway, your company is pretty good if they gave you free brand new Odyssey :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about this, in case of my 2016 Civic LX it is not possible to put EX and above touch screens, wiring is completely different. It won't be just high costing project but involving af too

Take a picture of your harness, so we can compare, Hondas usually include all necessary wiring (if you don't have fog lights your car might be prewired)

Anyway, your company is pretty good if they gave you free brand new Odyssey :D
Thanks for the reply...if the weather holds out this weekend, I might take the headlight assembly apart. But, from what I'm hearing now...it's supposed to rain/snow on Long Island...and of course, the heater in my garage is currently down. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts