Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got it, Happy with the deal. Month End and July 4th made the deal possible

Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $31588
Price Paid (out of the door): $33,778 (VA Taxes, Tag License and $699 Processing Fees)

-- Did NOT qualify for Military / Recent Graduate or Honda Loyalty discounts

Sales Tax Rate: 4.1%
Exterior Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl (RED)
Interior Color: Beige
Add-ons (if any): Mud guards and wheel locks came with the van, didn't paid Extra
Date Purchased: 06/30/2019
City: NOVA
State: VA
Can you please share the dealership name?
can you pm me the dealership also thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dealers giving me the best prices do not install accessories unless you ask them to after purchase. Both are volume dealers. So the $7k was off MSRP for 2019 Touring, and then all I would pay additional was tax, tag, and dealer processing charge.
Could you PM me the dealer name please, thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
What model are you looking for? Only go to the dealership when you have your numbers where you want them and pick up your car. Get the quotes in email, text and on the phone. Have you shoped on truecar.com to see where to start?

I did all of that. No one was willing to go below 36500 on EXL. I shopped most stores, online, in Metro ATL and all of them said the price was too aggressive. Some were willing to do white exterior, but my wife did not want white.

We ended up going with EXL with NAV, because it was my wife's preffered color combination. We paid 38353 out the door.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you buy a 2019? You also posted on 2020. Please confirm.
I was quoted out the door prices for the following:

2019--36k ..flat..OTD (EXL/ no nav)
2019 37500 OTD with NAV

2020 EXL/ no nav for 36,500

2020 EXL with nav for 38,300

We chose EXL with nav...

:(

My wife liked the Pewter on Mocha..cost me 2k extra...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2019 Odyssey EX-L (without Nav/Res) yesterday.

Trim: EX-L (without Nav/Res)
Price Paid (base + destination): $32,768 + $990 = $33,758
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,302
Exterior Color: White
Add-ons (if any): Pro-Package (Wheels lock, Mud guard, Trunk Tray, Windows Tint w/ Life-time warranty, Theft Recovery, and Nitrogen Refill). This is included in the base price, and listed at $506. This seems to be on almost all vehicles at this dealer.
Date Purchased: 9/25/2018
City: Houston
State: Texas

Breakdown:
Cash Sale Price: $32262
Pro-Package: $506.03
Destination: $990
Sales tax (TX): $2109.88
License, Title DMV: $203
Dealer's Inventory Tax: $81.09
Documentary Fee: $150
Total (OTD): $36,302

Thank you so much for this extremely helpful forum, especially this thread.
May I ask where you bought it from in Houston?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a quote for 2020 Odyssey EX-L for 34K(base + destination. MSRP is around 38k + 1K for destination.
Not sure what else they will throw in.
How does this deal look, is there more room for negotiation

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trim: EX
Price Paid (base + destination): 31,127.00 (2000.00 Below Invoice and 4,658.00 below MSRP)
I used information on this thread to get this price. Thanks!
Price Paid (out of the door): 31,127.00 base and destination, 85.00 Document Processing fee, 2489.16 Sales Tax, 323.00 Vehicle License Fee, Registration 107.00, California Tire Fees 8.75, Ethos Warranty 7yr/90,000 (add on) 2033, Ethos 12 month Warranty - Dealer sells with every car (Tire, Wheel, Windshield, Key replacement, Body Ding) 895.00 - Grand Total 37,097.91
Exterior Color: Platinum White
Add-ons (if any):
Date Purchased: 11/29/19 Black Friday
City: Davis
State: California
Dealer: Shottenkirk Honda of Davis

*** NOTE regarding warranties purchased
7yr/90,000 Warranty - This dealer does not offer HondaCare. I went in prepared to buy the HondaCare for 1300. It was late, I was tired. I wanted an extended warranty. I paid dealer cost on the warranty. (So I was told)

12month Hazard Warranty - I was not told about this when I negotiated 2000.00 under invoice over email. When I got there they told me every car comes with it on their lot. I know about dealer add ons. Ultimately I was convinced cause it was 0 deductible, and the ding repair sounded like something I'd need after a year of driving.
*** YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS. ON MY HOME FROM THE DEALER, A ROCK HIT MY WINDSHIELD AND CRACKED IT!!! I'm told the windshield is 1600 dollars to replace. I have not verified this yet. So I guess I'm glad I got the warranty

*** FYI
The sales manager did try to bait and switch. I never dealt with him over email. When I got to the dealership, the sales person I worked with showed me the car, the sales manager came out and showed me a write up selling me the car at invoice. I told him that was not what I agreed too. He asked me what I agreed too. I showed him the emails and reminded him I wrote no BAIT and SWITCH. He came took my email to the back and then came back in a few minutes and honored the price.

I came from a distance a few hours away to buy the Odyssey so I rented a car to get to the dealership. They were first class and got me a Lyft from the car rental drop off back to the dealership. FREE.

Overall a good experience but they are car dealership (so they do what they do). While waiting I chatted with the sales person and she told me that for the month of November the goal for the dealership was too move UNITS, and that's why I got the deal I got. Don't really know if any of this is true. I worked with Sigi and Angie. Both very responsive, Both wanted to make me happy. I told them I used information I found on an Odyssey Forum to contact their dealership and to get the price I wanted. To be honest, I just emailed them and told them I saw Shottenkirk Honda had sold 2020 Odysseys for 2000.00 below invoice and asked if they could do the same for me. 30 minutes later they replied saying yes and to come on down.

1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts