Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
2500km on an 2019 EXL RES here in Canada.

Just the super annoying clicking sound coming from the dash (there's another post I can't link to yet....:rollingeyes:
Any idea what the noise is coming from? There is a fuel pump notice out for both the 2018 and 2019 but I believe that was described as a squeak rather than a click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Any idea what the noise is coming from? There is a fuel pump notice out for both the 2018 and 2019 but I believe that was described as a squeak rather than a click.

I haven't seen that notice. Is there a link? Is this possibly the cause of the rattle noise us 9-speeders are hearing on acceleration? Perhaps it's not the tranny at all? Thanks Pjones.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Two weeks on an Elite and shy of a 1000 miles. No problems to report. During PDI, I listed 7 things to check for (including the fuel pump) and one was to specifically check for refrigerant pressure. Got those in writing (signed and dated). No whines, no entertainment hiccups either. The rear entertainment does not get used so cant comment on their related issues as many mentioned here.

@Pjones[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]: if you are referring to quality of the cabin watch to something like the Nest/Yi Home with that awesome night vision, then do understand that there is not enough surface to illuminate it with 11 IR LEDs. Those home IR cameras do have a small cooling fan that cools the processor and IR bulbs down. When it comes to automotive use and with the temperatures reaching upwards of 130F in a parked vehicle under sunlight, these tech that they put in needs to be resilient. Most of the time, there are limitations to what 'could' be done as reliability is favored. I doubt they have ambient light sensors that switch the IRs off like the home cameras. [/FONT]
I see where they are common from and the limitations with the heat. But I also see the three zone climate control that They have installed for us and wonder how I could modify it to be a 4 zone system so I can provide cooling to the RES on those hot days and shut off the heat on those cold days. I understand that it would use more gas as it uses the AC but on hot days I'm using it anyway so the few times that it would need to run solely for the purpose of cooling the electronics I would have a hard time noticing the cost at the end of the month. Factor in having a car full of happy children instead of grumpy kids who are asking why it's not working while I lean back and struggle to see the screen while I troubleshoot the unit as we continue to drive to our vacation spot so we can hopefully exit the van with a portion of our ability to hear without the deeded ringing caused by the seemingly harmonic screams by our children... Yeah I'll happily pay for the added fuel cost to have a functioning RES or whatever else they need to cool. I don't think anyone who bought the RES and Cabinwatch package would have a problem with it. If we're willing to pay the outrageous price for those pieces of luxury then I think the few cents on gas would not reduce the sales figures any.

I've always lived my life thinking "if you are going to be good at something then be the best you can be". When I see the cabin watch poorly illuminated causing image quality issues then I would wonder how more LEDs could be added for proper illumination. If they over heat then there is a solution to that. It seems to me like they just haven't tried (or tried hard enough?) to find it. It seems like they have provided a great idea for competition to meet them with their own version and only a small hurtle for them to provide a better product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 Elite, No issues with AC.

Had the constant hissing sound from using Cabin Watch once, had to unplug the battery and re-plug to resolve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess I am just lucky, or perhaps those who do not have issues are not heard from. My 2018 is one month shy of 1 year of ownership. The only (minor) issue I had was the lines in the backup screen were slow to come on after starting. This was resolved months ago with an OTA software upgrade. Other than that, no AC, console crashing, bad trans behavior or other issues as yet, with 15K miles. My only known issue is the right front side marker light is a bit loose, and I am waiting to have time for a service visit to get it resolved.

So am I the luckiest guy with a new odyssey, or are the majority of them without issues ?

paul

·
Registered
359 Posts
EX-L 9 speed

paul
I would hope the people with problematic vans are the unlucky ones rather than the people with working vans being the lucky ones. If you are lucky because your van works then that would mean that the norm is a nonfunctional van... That would be disappointing.

Although I have a bit of a grudge with Honda about some of the features, or the lack of, I do have a bit of positive news about my RES. Following a Honda service to have the issue fixe I was able to complete a road trip 7 hrs each way without my RES and Cabin Watch locking up when used at the same time. I'm hesitant to call it fixed because the outside temp was quite mild and the issue seems to be caused by hot outside temps. But it does fill me with a bit of hope right now. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thanks, Paul. Fact remains...the 9 speed in my Odyssey sucks. If some are dead quiet and very responsive, there should be hope for those who are currently getting screwed by a company more interested in profits, than solving a problem that belongs in their court. If they have an idea what the problem is, they need to speak up now and do something about it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ran into my first hiccup... took a 12hr round trip last week. I've read many threads about the sliding doors not closing properly, but my driver side sliding door was not opening fully. It would stop after about 3/4 of the way. Tried disabling the power and manually opening to no avail. After various attempts using different switches, it would randomly open fully. This happened about 3 to 4 times and hasn't happened again since.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ran into my first hiccup... took a 12hr round trip last week. I've read many threads about the sliding doors not closing properly, but my driver side sliding door was not opening fully. It would stop after about 3/4 of the way. Tried disabling the power and manually opening to no avail. After various attempts using different switches, it would randomly open fully. This happened about 3 to 4 times and hasn't happened again since.
By any chance was your gas lid open when trying to open it? Just wondering aloud.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nope. After messing around with the buttons and handle, I think it coincidentally opened all the way when I held the button down. Didn't touch the gas door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Clicking noise from behind the dashboard on 2019 Odyssey Elite. Very annoying and no idea where it's coming from exactly. Does do it more when the car is warm, I looked under the dash in the fuse boxes, can seem to find anything loose or rattling. No loose piece of trim on the dashboard, I'm talking it to the dealer next week to see if they can pin point the noise and fix. It does it on uneven roads or small bumps. Anyone here with that issue and solved it? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello guys. Just got a few days ago EX 2019.
Android Auto and USB stick would not connect. Keeps given me an error message. tried to look up different threads.
Any one has any suggestions?
Thank you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Turn off the engine, open the driver's door, close the driver's door, restart, wait to see if it works or errors again. So far it has never made me stop more than three times before it started working.

Tried many varieties and sizes of USB thumb drives, all are treated the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So far 2 issues:

1- Soft/spongy brake pedal. Car wouldn’t stop without pressing pedal to the floor. Brought it to dealer, they bled the brakes and everything seems to be fine now. Strange that a brand new car would have air in the system.

2- Currently dealing with an air conditioning issue - vents blow warm air at idle or during stop & go traffic. Dealer could not find a problem on first visit but we will be bringing the vehicle back again.

This is my first Honda vehicle and needless to say I am not impressed.
if you read the manual, the AC is designed to stop at idle mode. so no issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clicking noise from behind the dashboard on 2019 Odyssey Elite. Very annoying and no idea where it's coming from exactly. Does do it more when the car is warm, I looked under the dash in the fuse boxes, can seem to find anything loose or rattling. No loose piece of trim on the dashboard, I'm talking it to the dealer next week to see if they can pin point the noise and fix. It does it on uneven roads or small bumps. Anyone here with that issue and solved it? Thanks
I sometimes hear this on the LX trim even when not in motion. Of course, it did not make the noise at the dealer. So far I think it must be the temperature adjustment for the climate control adjusting, but not entirely sure yet.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts