Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the parts and instructions to install the factory wireless phone charger but can't seem to get the center console trim up. The diagram is not clear. Anyone have pictures, video or tips for getting it off? Do I have to have a trim tool?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the parts and instructions to install the factory wireless phone charger but can't seem to get the center console trim up. The diagram is not clear. Anyone have pictures, video or tips for getting it off? Do I have to have a trim tool?
I am planning on attempting to install the wireless charging pad in my 2019 EX-L. I have instructions that are for a 2018 and I think I have the right parts. I would be interested to know where you obtained your instructions and parts in order to see if mine are correct. I have not yet started but I was going to use a trim tool and from the instructions it looked to me like you just force it out and that the clips holding it in place likely break since it instructs you to remove and replace them. I cannot tell if I need to buy additional wiring since the instructions show a power cable in the console but I am not sure if it is there is models without the charger already installed. Did you purchase wiring and, if so, do you have instructions on how to wire it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Find the interior fuse marked "acc" or "power outlet"
That will be your "+"

Ground will get bolted down at the closest most convienient grounding location. This will already be populated by many black wires, you will see it. Add your ground there.
You can either buy a cigarette power port (center pin = "+" outer pin is ground) and put a usb adapter in, or but a usb 12v outlet.
Hide it, and have the wire for the charger exit close to the mounting location.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find the interior fuse marked "acc" or "power outlet"
That will be your "+"

Ground will get bolted down at the closest most convienient grounding location. This will already be populated by many black wires, you will see it. Add your ground there.
You can either buy a cigarette power port (center pin = "+" outer pin is ground) and put a usb adapter in, or but a usb 12v outlet.
Hide it, and have the wire for the charger exit close to the mounting location.

What does this have to do with the post? We are discussing the OEM wireless charging pad installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts