Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is happening intermittently, about 30% of the time. When I stop a stop while driving the auto idle stop kicks in, but does not turn my car back on! This happens at dangerous times and puts my vehicle into park. I scramble to get my car started and engaged into gear. Please help! I bought this car only a few months ago brand new! Also, not sure if related, my center screen is now not turning on... I had no idea Honda was selling lemons. Please help.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Maybe ask or search in the 5th Gen 2018+ section?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is happening intermittently, about 30% of the time. When I stop a stop while driving the auto idle stop kicks in, but does not turn my car back on! This happens at dangerous times and puts my vehicle into park. I scramble to get my car started and engaged into gear. Please help! I bought this car only a few months ago brand new! Also, not sure if related, my center screen is now not turning on... I had no idea Honda was selling lemons. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Merged the threads. You can ask for moving the threads too.

Also, 2020 is in warranty. Right? Have the dealer take a look perhaps? This sounds dangerous if the car does not fire back up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Merged the threads. You can ask for moving the threads too.

Also, 2020 is in warranty. Right? Have the dealer take a look perhaps? This sounds dangerous if the car does not fire back up.
I am tomorrow. I really worry they will be unable to reproduce and will do nothing for me.

·
Registered
13,424 Posts
That's always possible but it's likely it's storing a code for it even though you don't have a check engine light. They still may be able to determine the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turns out they think my battery was just too low. It kind of makes sense. They swapped it for me and only time will tell. Still a dangerous feature if the car isn't smart enough to know the right battery level to use it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They had to replace our battery twice when we got our brand new 2019. I guess they just have really terrible batteries.

Maybe there is a better battery available to use. I would have to look what battery is in our van now and compare that to specs if I can find them to see if they put a larger or different battery in while trying to resolve the issue. It hasn’t been a problem since then, we’ve had it more than two years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts