Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- just trying to get feedback before I call the dealer. Had them work on the radio issue- was a half day job. Problem resolved. NOW, i am hearing a thud in the rear on the passenger side when I go over any bumps. I've checked most of what I can see. Is it possible that while they were doing the work they did to replace the radio harness that something was not secured in that general area? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Is it possible that while they were doing the work they did to replace the radio harness that something was not secured in that general area? Thanks.
The thud your hearing I do not believe would be caused by anything from replacing a wire harness. Did you have your rear seats folded into the well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thud your hearing I do not believe would be caused by anything from replacing a wire harness. Did you have your rear seats folded into the well?
Yeah, I didn't think so but had no idea where exactly the work was done. All seats are up/out. I've checked/re-checked to make sure they are properly locked in, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
It involves removing the rear right panel. See below PDF of the TSB. It looks like the the tech that did your repair did a lousy job.
Are you thinking they left the amplifier completely off from it's bracket?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
Are you thinking they left the amplifier completely of from it's bracket?
I doubt they had to unmount that to get to the connectors. I think they left a part of the panel loose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt they had to unmount that to get to the connectors. I think they left a part of the panel loose.
I am heading back to Honda first thing tomorrow AM. Will report back what they find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp, got the old, "We tightened everything, can't seem to find it, are you sure it wasn't the bottle of hand sanitizer sitting in the cup holder" answer. Was told to call if it didn't resolved. Did not get resolved, unfortunately the dealer is 50 mins away. Wondering if there is some other issue, unrelated to the above mentioned fix that reared it's head at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
Sorry to hear the dealer did not find the issue.
I suggest having someone else drive the van. Sit in the back and see if you can pin it down. A recording of the sound will help too.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Everyone who has noises should always remove everything inside the vehicle in dash compartment, doors, even the center console, I can't remember it there is a sliding door compartment or not but the cup holder compartment for the rear seats... When I worked for a GM dealer, although I was a mechanic not a body person I said unless everything was out of the car I was not going to waste my time cleaning out every-ones stuff trying to find a rattle/thump/squeak/whistle. The people would be handed a few paper sacks and began cleaning. Later on the body guys said if I could say that they did as well. It helped so much in determining where the sound was coming from, and I also used a pair of mechanics stethoscope. It helps quickly in dashes and engines for determining the noise. The weirdest thing I found was BB's in a compartment in the dash, driver's side meant for a wallet or keys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts