Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Brand new (under 200 miles) 2020 EXL, when I put the car in reverse the map guidelines occasionally disappear. Tried changing settings from dynamic to fixed but no change. 2. In addition, when I adjust sound settings the TREBLE slider doesn't work, my 2012 EXL had a very robust sound system equalizer. 3. Has anyone found a list of phones that are FULLY compatible with Handsfreelink without using carplay. My iPhone 11, can read but not send texts. Anyone have all the functions working?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the same problem with back up lines on my 2019. You will be shocked the longer you own the van at how many of these so called convenience features just have no practicality what so ever.

The short of it all is.......Honda corporate wanted to cheapen and water down these systems for their lower end cheaper Honda line of vehicles.

I own a 2020 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid Super Handling All Wheel Drive. Every single DRIVING/DRIVER oriented safety and convenience feature works absolutely flawlessly. The same hardware is utilized in Honda’s American Honda products and most all of them have serious shortcomings and do not operate as they should.

Since we as customers cannot rely on the American Honda product safety and driver assistance features in such a way that they engender our trust......we all turn these features off of just ignore them completely. When we get ready to purchase new vehicles the next iteration.......SPEAKING TO YOU AMERICAN HONDA......we all will be aware of how you all cheaped our on this and other vehicle lines hardware and we will not purchase the next time because we cannot trust you all any more!!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
2018 EX
I started to see intermittent appearance of my backup lines a few weeks before I had trouble with low voltage starts. The dealer checked my battery for issues but everything was fine. They charged it up and the starter now runs much faster on starting to the car. I haven't driven it since then (about five days). It should be interesting to see if the battery is as robust. Perhaps Bill's issue is a prelude to a charging issue.

I still think there are so many electronic toys on these cars that we just don't need. Every toy they add means more power is required from the battery and charging system. I get the feeling that in the long term, we all need to budget for a very expensive ($400+), overpriced battery every 2 years - unlike the older cars where you got 6 to 7 years out of a good battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Brand new (under 200 miles) 2020 EXL, when I put the car in reverse the map guidelines occasionally disappear. Tried changing settings from dynamic to fixed but no change. 2. In addition, when I adjust sound settings the TREBLE slider doesn't work, my 2012 EXL had a very robust sound system equalizer. 3. Has anyone found a list of phones that are FULLY compatible with Handsfreelink without using carplay. My iPhone 11, can read but not send texts. Anyone have all the functions working?
I resolved Guideline Issue by setting Guidelines to "BOTH". Now when I backup the fixed lines appear until I turn the steering wheel then the dynamic lines appear. Still can't resolve equalizer issue, TREBLE slider has absolutely no impact. Still haven't found a "completely compatible cellphone".

·
Registered
33 Posts
2020 EX-L Odyssey
Google Pixel 3 phone

Still can't get contacts or recent calls on the head unit. I've tried using a cable and Android auto - it doesn't work at all.

Apple carplay works with the cable, but so what.

I'd really like to see a head unit that has the ability to be rooted and updated by the user.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts