Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ody Owners, Does anyone have an opinion on the Honda Pilot. I am still shopping for a new vehicle to replace my 02 Odyssey. I haven't driven the Pilot yet but with the $4000.00 cash back offer I am considering it. Car help Canada is also offering a $3000.00 rebate to add to the $4000. Thanks for any advice given.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I mean, I liked it more than the MDX and certainly more than the new Odyssey. But again, it's going to have to be a decision that you make after driving one. See if a local dealer has one available as a rental or for an extended test drive, that way you can take it for a weekend and see if it fits your lifestyle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The Honda Pilot is now rated as below average reliability by consumer reports and Honda as a whole is far from the top now (I think it was 12th) and the MDX is rated as one of the top 10 least reliable vehicles. With that said I am still considering a Honda Passport along with Subaru and Toyota SUVS.

Really it comes down to your preferences and what you can afford. If you are really in the market for a new car and plan on keeping it for a long period of time then shop around and see what vehicles you like and can afford.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,
I did drive the RAV 4, the Forester and the CRV. We decided on the CRV but opted to wait for the 2020's which are now out. I really did not like the RAV 4 but the Subaru was nice. Now seeing the rebates on the Pilot and Passport I think I'll drive both of those. I am leary about the 4 cylinder turbo's in the CRV, I just haven't heard much about them. All the reviews I read say the CRV is the better of these choices.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The turbo 4s are having some occasional oil dilution issues as gasoline can seep past the Piston rings. I'm unsure how common this is, but I would definitely look into it before making your final decision

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
The issues with the CRVs is related to direct fuel injection. The CRV forums are rife with folks dealing with their brand new cars having fuel in the crankcase, as much as a quart. Honda has been doing oil changes for free for a couple of years now. They also never warm up enough to get heat in the northern climates. It's too bad, because that was in my wife's price range, came in a color she liked, and has a new infotainment screen that is supposed to do Apple Car play (but there are issues with that as well) We opted for a used RDX with the V-6. That power train lives on in the new Passport.
I think the low ratings on the other Honda/Acura V-6 powered vehicles are stuff one can read about here in the 2011-2017 section. The VCM needs muzzling and the trans needs frequent fluid changes (and a software update)
I'd go to a Pilot forum and see just what issues those folks are having.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts