Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds like million other threads here, but my question is are there any interior LEDs that are not stupid bright or super dim at the same time?
I used many LEDs and they all bright af, waking up kids when doors open... but I want something more luxurious, softer white like luxury cars use nowadays... any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it an option to set the lights switch to OFF when the kids are sleeping? personally I prefer to make it super bright so the kids can find what they need to find in the dark..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is it an option to set the lights switch to OFF when the kids are sleeping? personally I prefer to make it super bright so the kids can find what they need to find in the dark..
Yes, there is. Take the switch near passenger side map light by rear view mirror and push it all the way back. Now they'll stay off even when the door is open.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I know this sounds like million other threads here, but my question is are there any interior LEDs that are not stupid bright or super dim at the same time?
I used many LEDs and they all bright af, waking up kids when doors open... but I want something more luxurious, softer white like luxury cars use nowadays... any ideas?
I would give these a shot in 5,000k natural white.

With only one led firing, it should be dimmer than the next step up which are High Power series that I have in mine. The ones in the photo of my car below are 6k, so 5k in the link above would be closer to natural white and they would be dimmer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

With only one led firing, it should be dimmer than the next step up which are High Power series that I have in mine. The ones in the photo of my car below are 6k, so 5k in the link above would be closer to natural white and they would be dimmer.

View attachment 153252
thanks for sharing! That looks pretty good tbh

·
Registered
333 Posts

Has your wife used the vanity mirror in visor since you installed the LED's? The first day I put them in and my wife got in the ODY, she said "put the other lights back in!" I asked her why, she said no gal could never see her face due to the blinding light. I knew I was had... and reinstalled the vanities original incandescent lamps. :oops:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Has your wife used the vanity mirror in visor since you installed the LED's? The first day I put them in and my wife got in the ODY, she said "put the other lights back in!" I asked her why, she said no gal could never see her face due to the blinding light. I knew I was had... and reinstalled the vanities original incandescent lamps. :oops:
Lol. I had the opposite reaction. When my wife first got in the Odyssey after we took delivery and tried looking at herself in the mirror she said "how can you see anything with these?" I reassured her I'll get it taken care of. Since I installed the LEDs she loves them. Says it's the same as the LED vanity round mirror we got her from Costco and she can actually see what's going on with these lights. It really does look as bright as the one on her bathroom counter! 😎
I guess it's a personal preference! Our LEDs are here to stay! 😁

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered generic LED lights from Amazon, sabe brand I used for many years, and seemed to be OK so far on other my cars, what I did this time is I got 3000k warm white LEDs... we will see if I get brighter but yet relaxed and warm color out of them

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ordered generic LED lights from Amazon, sabe brand I used for many years, and seemed to be OK so far on other my cars, what I did this time is I got 3000k warm white LEDs... we will see if I get brighter but yet relaxed and warm color out of them
3,000k is typically yellow/amber. Did you get those for fog lights or interior?

·
Registered
272 Posts
But yes, they are brighter! 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered the kit from Corsomotion and all the lights were super bright but the vanity mirror so I emailed that about the brightness,

and they said they set up the brightness of vanity light LEDs as similar to original bulbs so the LEDs will not hurt the eyes,

I am satisfied ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm interested to see what 3,000K will look like on interior lights. Please post photos when you get them installed!
will do for sure, suppose to get them tomorrow!
I installed bright white in the trunk area though, since trunk area needs more light and it doesn't interfere with interior... I'll take pics tomorrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts