Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New model year, new thread, new spreadsheet tab!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ImL2x_gsv0HgzzZT4XKKM9zJnOnmZaGnYmuCJLbbmD4/edit#gid=363140166

Please copy/paste and fill out the following details:

Trim:
Price Paid (base + destination):
Price Paid (out of the door):
Add-ons (if any):
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Date Purchased:
City:
State:

FAQs

Q1) Why base + destination?
A1) Taxes and fees vary from city to city and the only way to get a proper comparison is to use the pre-tax and fees cost. Destination is the same regardless of where you buy so it's part of the core cost.

Q2) Is $X a good deal?!?!
A2) Please review the spreadsheet, the average on the summary table is a good target.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those two prices seem to cause so much confusion. I wish it was a single price total out the door excluding local and state taxes. Why? Because taxes will vary based on location as noted above. However dealer fees, delivery fee, doc fee, and whatever other fees (other than local and state taxes, registration) do matter as the dealer could offer an attractive base price only to get all that money back and then some on these fees.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Whelp, I’ve gotten two quotes so far on 2020 EXL Res/Nav and they are both nuts. Base + Dest on one was $38,700, OTD $41,300z The other didn’t break it down but OTD was $43,600.

I’m also looking at 2019 Tourings but those are so far disappointing too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those two prices seem to cause so much confusion. I wish it was a single price total out the door excluding local and state taxes. Why? Because taxes will vary based on location as noted above. However dealer fees, delivery fee, doc fee, and whatever other fees (other than local and state taxes, registration) do matter as the dealer could offer an attractive base price only to get all that money back and then some on these fees.
This! OTD is a useless metric for me. Just car final price including destination along with car+fest+all non govt fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
So I'm not sure if this is true or not, but one of the dealers I was working with, when pressed, said that they would not go below dealer invoice on 2020's until all of the 2019's were gone.

So basically, its a great time to get a 2019 and a terrible time to get a 2020, unless of course you don't want the 9 speed transmission in which case you are limited to Touring and Elite.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I'm not sure if this is true or not, but one of the dealers I was working with, when pressed, said that they would not go below dealer invoice on 2020's until all of the 2019's were gone.

So basically, its a great time to get a 2019 and a terrible time to get a 2020, unless of course you don't want the 9 speed transmission in which case you are limited to Touring and Elite.
Understandable, but once the 2019s are cleared out, and who knows how long that will take as there are some dealers with a lot of 2019s, I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t get similar deals on 2020s as there are currently no factory incentives on the 2019’s.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Understandable, but once the 2019s are cleared out, and who knows how long that will take as there are some dealers with a lot of 2019s, I don’t see any reason for similar deals on 2020s as there are currently no factory incentives on the 2019’s.
I agree its not looking good. So bummed as we were ready to move this fall, but I'm not paying $40K+ for an EXL Nav/Res, so I guess I'm driving my 2014 another year. No issues with it, I was just itching to trade up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree its not looking good. So bummed as we were ready to move this fall, but I'm not paying $40K+ for an EXL Nav/Res, so I guess I'm driving my 2014 another year. No issues with it, I was just itching to trade up.
I fixed my original post, it was a bit confusing, but I meant we should see similar deals on 2020s once the stock of 2019’d are exhausted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2020 EXL. Black with mocha interior. No extras. 38250 OTD. That was my goal and it was straight forward. Avon Indiana.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Whelp, I’ve gotten two quotes so far on 2020 EXL Res/Nav and they are both nuts. Base + Dest on one was $38,700, OTD $41,300z The other didn’t break it down but OTD was $43,600.

I’m also looking at 2019 Tourings but those are so far disappointing too.
For $2900 more, I got my '19 Elite so the '20 EXL w/Nav+Res is insane. You should have some negotiating power on the '19 leftover stock, esp the touring and Elites.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For $2900 more, I got my '19 Elite so the '20 EXL w/Nav+Res is insane. You should have some negotiating power on the '19 leftover stock, esp the touring and Elites.
I tried hard to negotiate on a 2019 Touring and couldn’t get any lower than $40,700 OTD and it was a color I didn’t want. No other dealership would even drop below $41k. Most are still in the $42’s.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do you have Costco membership? Their AutoProgram saves you ton of cash. You could use that to further negotiate the touring. I think the 40K is rather good for a OTD price.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts