Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2020 Odyssey Prices Paid

241K views 683 replies 337 participants last post by  smufguy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New model year, new thread, new spreadsheet tab!

2022/2021/2020/2019/2018 Odyssey Prices Paid

Please copy/paste and fill out the following details:

Trim:
Price Paid (base + destination):
Price Paid (out of the door):
Add-ons (if any):
Exterior Color:
Interior Color:
Date Purchased:
City:
State:

FAQs

Q1) Why base + destination?
A1) Taxes and fees vary from city to city, and the only way to get a proper comparison is to use the pre-tax and fees cost. The destination is the same regardless of where you buy, so it's part of the core cost.

Q2) Is $X a good deal?!?!
A2) Please review the spreadsheet; the average on the summary table is a good target.

See less See more
#3 ·
Those two prices seem to cause so much confusion. I wish it was a single price total out the door excluding local and state taxes. Why? Because taxes will vary based on location as noted above. However dealer fees, delivery fee, doc fee, and whatever other fees (other than local and state taxes, registration) do matter as the dealer could offer an attractive base price only to get all that money back and then some on these fees.

#6 ·
This! OTD is a useless metric for me. Just car final price including destination along with car+fest+all non govt fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Whelp, I’ve gotten two quotes so far on 2020 EXL Res/Nav and they are both nuts. Base + Dest on one was $38,700, OTD $41,300z The other didn’t break it down but OTD was $43,600.

I’m also looking at 2019 Tourings but those are so far disappointing too.
For $2900 more, I got my '19 Elite so the '20 EXL w/Nav+Res is insane. You should have some negotiating power on the '19 leftover stock, esp the touring and Elites.

#7 ·
So I'm not sure if this is true or not, but one of the dealers I was working with, when pressed, said that they would not go below dealer invoice on 2020's until all of the 2019's were gone.

So basically, its a great time to get a 2019 and a terrible time to get a 2020, unless of course you don't want the 9 speed transmission in which case you are limited to Touring and Elite.

#17 ·
Do you have Costco membership? Their AutoProgram saves you ton of cash. You could use that to further negotiate the touring. I think the 40K is rather good for a OTD price.

#27 ·
Guys,
Today, I purchased a 2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L (Obsidian Blue) in SF Bay Area for the wife.

MSRP: $39,055
Discount: $4,055
Price after Discount: $35,000
OTD w/ California Tax (9.75%) + Lic + Reg + Tire Fee + etc.. = $39,050
No add ons

What do you guys think of price/deal?

I got the same deal from a dealer in Roseville but chose to go to local Bay Area Dealer who matched the price for me.

#32 ·
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 35,167
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,680
Add-ons (if any):
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 2019-09-27
City: Austin
State: TX

From First Texas Honda in Austin.

Members previous 2019 prices were super helpful for us during negotiation, hope adding my info can give back a little to the community.

#40 ·
If you paid more than $1400 for HondaCare, you overpaid.

#42 ·
Looking for some input, torn between a 2019 and a 2020 Odyssey Elite. I received a deal for a 2019 but another dealer came in and is offering the same model/trim but in 2020 for $1700 more (OTD price) - so my question is: is it worth a newer year for $1700 more?

Also, would it make sense to hold off and waiting a few more months for the 2020’s to come down a bit more or bite the bullet now? Not in a rush but have been looking for a few months.

FWIW, the selling price for the 2019 is about $5400 off MSRP and the 2020 is $4000 off MSRP.

Selling price before tax/title/fees:
2019: 42,749
2020: 44,400

Thanks everyone! I posted this to the 2019 forum too so hoping I can get some guidance, is the price fair? Should I move forward with it? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

#47 ·
Trim: Elite (2020)
Price Paid (base + destination): $42,281 (used USAA auto buying program)
Price Paid (out of the door): ~$47,627
Add-ons (if any): trailer hitch, hitch harness, Trunk liner, 2nd & 3rd row set covers, rails and crossbars, mudflaps, cargo bins, wheel locks, touch up paint
Exterior Color: Pacific Pewter
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 10/4/2019
City: Manasas
State: VA

ETA: I used USAA auto buying program. However, when I requested an online quote from the website, that quote was only $100 more than USAA number. And this dealer did have 2019s in stock as well.