Price Paid (base + destination): $41,356.52
Price Paid (out of the door): $44,889.97
Add-ons (if any): Hitch and Harness
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased: 1-28-20
City: Virginia Beach
State: Virginia

Taxes paid was $1782.24, Dealer fees was $699 and Title/tags/local fees was 162.24. I got them to drop the price some on the hitch which cost me $889.97 installed so i agreed since it takes more effort then I wanted to myself. Other add-ons will be bought online and installed myself.
Can you advise how you went about the quotes/negotiation? The dealer I am in touch with is saying that the invoice price is $44,880 (MSRP $48540) and Costco pricing is $1,600 below, so giving me a price of $43,262. I am in Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread/spreadsheet was super helpful. Based on the averages, I emailed a bunch of dealers from the Honda website on Monday and told them that I wanted to pay $37,000 out the door for an EX-L without Nav. Most of them gave prices in the $38,000 range and tried to get me to come in for a test drive, but one wrote back and told me that they'd get me out the door for $37,000. The whole negotiation was conducted by email, and only once I had a final price in writing (see below) did we even talk on the phone. I ended up with Pewter/Mocha with no options or packages. They even dropped it off at my house last night so I didn't even have to go to the dealership. From the email:

$33,851.86 SELLING PRICE
$2141.14 TAXES (live in Miami-Dade County, Florida)
$799.50 DEALER FEE
$199 ELECTRONIC FILLING FEE
(Tag transfer not included in this price)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: 2020 Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): $42,915
Price Paid (out of the door): $47,359(includes $85 doc fee, $200 wheel locks, $3564 taxes and $595 license and reg fees)
Add-ons (if any): wheel locks
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased: 1/17/2020
State: Bay Area, CA

I was not able to get any other dealers to go lower after several rounds of emails to the internet sales managers.
Who's the dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 33,900
Price Paid (out of the door): ~37,600
Exterior Color: Modern Steel
Date Purchased: 12/10/19
City: San Jose
State: CA
We live in the bay area and are looking for an ex-l at the price. Could you share the dealership/salesperson? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was a very helpful thread and after following I can finally contribute as I purchased yesterday. It had some mostly junk add ons with the vehicle, though I was happy to have the window tint and the overall price I still felt was fair. I had another dealer in town at 36.2 but they were offering about 800 less for my trade in so that was a no go. Also, I did get just over 12k credit for my trade in so tax and OTD was slightly lower as a result.

Trim: EXL with NAV and RES
Price Paid (base + destination): 36,500.00
Price Paid (out of the door): 38,145.71
Add-ons (if any): Kahu, nitrogen, window tint, paint protection
Exterior Color:silver
Interior Color:gray
Date Purchased:2/8/20
City:Austin
State: TX

·
Registered
1 Posts
@BThor1 - which dealership? I'm in Suffolk and shopping for a 2020 Elite right now.

Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): $41,356.52
Price Paid (out of the door): $44,889.97
Add-ons (if any): Hitch and Harness
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Date Purchased: 1-28-20
City: Virginia Beach
State: Virginia

Taxes paid was $1782.24, Dealer fees was $699 and Title/tags/local fees was 162.24. I got them to drop the price some on the hitch which cost me $889.97 installed so i agreed since it takes more effort then I wanted to myself. Other add-ons will be bought online and installed myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you advise how you went about the quotes/negotiation? The dealer I am in touch with is saying that the invoice price is $44,880 (MSRP $48540) and Costco pricing is $1,600 below, so giving me a price of $43,262. I am in Bay Area, CA
I used Sam's Club/Autotrader buying crap for my local area, plus a place over the state line maybe an hour away, and back home which is 4 hours away that we visit alot. I tossed the high numbers out the door and used 3 dealers against each other over email and phone calls. Mostly making them send me numbers over email. I told each of them their prices were high compared to other dealers I'm talking with about the Ody.

They all tried their "come in let's talk" or "do you have those offers in writing to show me" and of course I told them I'm too busy to come in and would you give me your offer in writing so I can take it to them (obviously they won't so why would another dealer). After about a week of that we settled with one dealer to visit....5 hours later, one ripped up deposit check and walking out they settled on my price which was $1000 under the Sam's/Auto price. I learned a few tactics from my father on car buying and I used a few secret ones.

If we had more time I probably could have got them lower. But our rental from our accident was expiring.

They only budged on the accessories by 10% so I went with the only one I don't feel confident doing myself, the hitch.

@BThor1 - which dealership? I'm in Suffolk and shopping for a 2020 Elite right now.
We used Hall Honda in Va Beach. Jeff was our salesman.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,200
Price Paid (out of the door): 37,860
Add-ons (if any): None
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 12/15/19
City: San Jose
Did you have to deal with any BS when you got to the dealership? I got a quote near your number from a dealership that it seems from yelp has a nasty reputation for pulling shady tactics. I haven't even been able to get a quote near $38k out the door from any other dealer. Looking for any input as to how the sales process went. I am having a hard time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: EXL
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,239
Price Paid (out of the door): 38,000
Add-ons (if any): n/a
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased:2/18/20
City: Bay Area

I used truecar to start and one dealership gave me the lowest price of like 33,800 base + destination but then when I dug deeper they added on things like mats, coating, wheel locks etc and told me they did not sell any cars without it which brought the out the door cost way up on the car. Maybe a week later they came back and said they'd give me $37,990 out the door (which does not include all the extras). I shopped around their quote because they have a really bad yelp reputation for playing games with customers. Most places I talked to refused to match their price or even come close at all. Finally I found a dealership that came with an out the door price of $38k as long as we bought presidents day weekend so we jumped on it. The service was quite lacking but they didn't try and play games to bring up the price so we are fairly satisfied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread/spreadsheet was super helpful. Based on the averages, I emailed a bunch of dealers from the Honda website on Monday and told them that I wanted to pay $37,000 out the door for an EX-L without Nav. Most of them gave prices in the $38,000 range and tried to get me to come in for a test drive, but one wrote back and told me that they'd get me out the door for $37,000. The whole negotiation was conducted by email, and only once I had a final price in writing (see below) did we even talk on the phone. I ended up with Pewter/Mocha with no options or packages. They even dropped it off at my house last night so I didn't even have to go to the dealership. From the email:

$33,851.86 SELLING PRICE
$799.50 DEALER FEE
Please provide dealer info...Thank You!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just traded in a 2011 EX-L with 140k miles for a 2020 EX-L in Central Florida 12/31/2019

Sticker Price $39,055
Sales Price $33,843
+Dealers Fees $998
+Taxes & Gov Fees $2,415
-Trade in $7,350
Out the Door w/o trade in $37,256
Out the Door with trade in $29,906
Do you mind sharing the dealership information either here or as a direct message? Looking to buy 2020 EXL in FL

·
Registered
3 Posts
As an update, I closed the deal on Tuesday, so here's some info for the spreadsheet.

2020 EX-L
Black/Mocha

Sale price - $33,688.45
Dealer Add Ons - $799 (all weather floor mats, cargo liner, mudguards, door edge, nitrogen, security etch)
Doc Fee - $899.95
OTD after TTL - $37,825
Do you mind sharing the dealership information either here or as a direct message? Looking to buy 2020 EXL in FL

·
Registered
3 Posts

$33,851.86 SELLING PRICE
$799.50 DEALER FEE

·
Registered
12 Posts
2020 Odyssey Elite MSRP including destination $48,415
Modern Steel/Gray

My price including destination $40,950
Add-ons $0
State sales tax Texas (6.25%) $2560
Title and license fees $450

Total out the door price $43,960

I live south of Houston Texas, but bought the new van at Gillman Honda San Antonio (in Selma Texas), which is about 250 miles away. My salesperson was Patricia Martinez. Very easy to work with. I posted my Odyssey buying strategy on the 5th Generatrion forum under bco-jane. Hope this helps others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Odyssey Elite MSRP including destination $48,415
Modern Steel/Gray

My price including destination $40,950
Add-ons $0
State sales tax Texas (6.25%) $2560
Title and license fees $450

Total out the door price $43,960

I live south of Houston Texas, but bought the new van at Gillman Honda San Antonio (in Selma Texas), which is about 250 miles away. My salesperson was Patricia Martinez. Very easy to work with. I posted my Odyssey buying strategy on the 5th Generatrion forum under bco-jane. Hope this helps others.
20200223_092922.jpg

thats heck of a deal my friend. my price 42.995+600 for destination + 2746$ tax and I bought all warranty that they had.

381 - 400 of 400 Posts