Honda Odyssey Forum banner

401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EX-L
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,500
Price Paid (out of the door): $39,237.16 (incl. taxes, license, doc fees)
Add-ons (if any): None
Exterior Color: Black
Interior Color: Grey
Date Purchased: 2/14/2020
City: Bellevue
State: WA

Negotiated for free all-weather mats. Car came with pinstriping, 3M door guards, paint protection, 1 year paint & leather protection insurance, 10 year 120,000 miles powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was a very helpful thread and after following I can finally contribute as I purchased yesterday. It had some mostly junk add ons with the vehicle, though I was happy to have the window tint and the overall price I still felt was fair. I had another dealer in town at 36.2 but they were offering about 800 less for my trade in so that was a no go. Also, I did get just over 12k credit for my trade in so tax and OTD was slightly lower as a result.

Trim: EXL with NAV and RES
Price Paid (base + destination): 36,500.00
Price Paid (out of the door): 38,145.71
Add-ons (if any): Kahu, nitrogen, window tint, paint protection
Exterior Color:silver
Interior Color:gray
Date Purchased:2/8/20
City:Austin
State: TX
Hi, I’m in Austin too. Can you tell me which dealer? I’ve been seeing about $900 higher or so.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what the approximate Costco price is on an EXL and EXL nav/res? I'm getting prices around 34500 for exl and 36500 for exl res/nav. If Costco can do better I'll just stop negotiating now and head that way.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Braman Honda of Palm Beach
Before I realized where you bought yours, I was able to get $37k out the door on an EX-L from Braman as well. They initially offered $37.5k by email without any negotiating so I was happy with what I was hearing. We went in for a test drive and got a trade-in quote on our existing 2011 EX-L with RES. After we went home, we negotiated $5.5k for the trade-in and a third key fob.
They were easy to work with and we were happy with the results. When I mentioned in passing about someone having theirs delivered, they did offer to bring it to us but we didn't want to wait! Our only regret is not getting the RES option that was on our old one. Our 2 kids are driving us crazy in the car, so we are looking at aftermarket options now. While there are some cheap options, quality brand name headrest DVD systems, professionally installed, cost almost as much as getting the Navi/RES option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We purchased our first Honda yesterday. It's replacing a 2017 Kia Sedona EX that was great until a tree fell on it while I was driving down the road a few weeks ago. I worked hard the last week to get the best deal possible on either a 2020 Sienna or Odyssey and I'm happy with the results. I emailed most dealerships in New England late Sunday night and closed on it yesterday. I had a few offers that would have been less, but I felt the most comfortable working with this dealership and they had the color I wanted. They had me out quickly yesterday with zero pressure.

Price Paid (base + destination): $34,285.75
Price Paid (out of the door): $39,110.32
Add-ons (if any): Heated Steering Wheel and Splash Guards purchased and installed for $404, Wheel Locks $104.50 (they required it), Honda Care D82 (8yr/120,000) $1395 (they price matched Saccucci without hesitation after offering me their own package for almost $4,000).
Exterior Color: Forest Mist
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 2/27/20
City: Natick
State: MA

·
Registered
3 Posts
2020 ex-ln with navigation and rear entertainment.

Did most of the negotiations via text. Basically had to have a price war between 2 dealers in Austin ( RR and FT). Got it from FT

purchase price - $36,700
Nitrogen - $200
Tax - 2306.25
Dealer inventory tax - $65.94
Doc fee - $150
Title fee - $33
Registration fee -$146.25
Inspection fee -$23.75
Otd/total - $39625.19

·
Registered
3 Posts
2020 ex-ln with navigation and rear entertainment.

Did most of the negotiations via text. Basically had to have a price war between 2 dealers in Austin ( RR and FT). Got it from FT

purchase price - $36,700
Nitrogen - $200
Tax - 2306.25
Dealer inventory tax - $65.94
Doc fee - $150
Title fee - $33
Registration fee -$146.25
Inspection fee -$23.75
Otd/total - $39625.19
Also had front windows tinted

·
Registered
199 Posts
I picked this up two days ago:

EX-L
MSRP w/ destination included: $39,180
Dealer: $33,959
Price Paid (out of the door): $35,967
Add-ons (if any): none
Exterior Color: Obsidian Blue
Interior Color: Grey (the two-tone grey it offers now)
City: Galveston
State: TX

·
Registered
7 Posts
How's this for a quote on '20 EX
MSRP $35,910 ...Our best price on a White Odyssey EX is $31,956 plus tax , tag, and dealer fee equates about $35,389

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 EX-L silver
Selling price: $34,405
Tag fee: $88
Closing fee: $225
Total tax: $1032
graduate incentive: -$500
No trade in
OTD: $35250
State: SC

Very smooth transaction. dealer is very responsive through text message. This is their first quote, I did not have time to bargain, just accepted it. They also offer $1800 (36 month installment) to extend the original Honda warranty to 10 years ($100 deductible if repair is not done in their shop). $599 for three year/ 36000 mile honda care.
What's up with the tax? Tax on new cars in SC is 5% which should make that around 1.7k tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We purchased our first Honda yesterday. It's replacing a 2017 Kia Sedona EX that was great until a tree fell on it while I was driving down the road a few weeks ago. I worked hard the last week to get the best deal possible on either a 2020 Sienna or Odyssey and I'm happy with the results. I emailed most dealerships in New England late Sunday night and closed on it yesterday. I had a few offers that would have been less, but I felt the most comfortable working with this dealership and they had the color I wanted. They had me out quickly yesterday with zero pressure.

Price Paid (base + destination): $34,285.75
Price Paid (out of the door): $39,110.32
Add-ons (if any): Heated Steering Wheel and Splash Guards purchased and installed for $404, Wheel Locks $104.50 (they required it), Honda Care D82 (8yr/120,000) $1395 (they price matched Saccucci without hesitation after offering me their own package for almost $4,000).
City: Natick
State: MA

I am in MA. Do you mind letting me know which dealers were offering less for EX-L. Was it a significant amount or very little. Also, did you trade in your van? Was trade in price fair? Thnaks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi gang, first post after registering, though I've read for years. Previous van is an '09 EX-L w/ RES, no nav, about 180k miles but beat to hell with 11 years of three kids in and out many times a day between multiple schools, sports, music, etc.

A note on the deal - because I'd been following this thread / the spreadsheet for a while and knew where I was going price-wise (and knew I didn't want the time commitment or stress of grinding), the whole thing took about one hour 45 minutes from first conversation to driving out the door with new van (dealer about 10 mins from house). I cared about a fair, not lowest, deal; $500 amortized over 10 years isn't worth 2 weeks of shopping to me. I didn't shop multiple dealerships, just picked up the phone and called someone recommended by a friend (though I had tried one other store a couple days ago while picking up a part for the 09). Having watched the EX-L no nav prices for a couple months, I knew I'd be happy at spreadsheet-average or below. So I called, said hey, no grinding, no pounder, this'll be a mini but I'll buy in an hour if we meet a price - and offered $33800 base/dest. That was declined with a counter-offer of $35055 but ~7 minutes later they took $34300 (or about 20 bucks under spreadsheet-average as of yesterday). That included a waiver of what they said was $180 for splash guards. Missouri's doc fee is capped at $199 so that was the only other dealer-added cost.

So:
Trim: EX-L no nav
Price Paid (base + destination): $34300
Price Paid (out of the door): $37686 (sales tax in MO/my town is 9.238%)
Add-ons (if any): 'free' splash guards (lol, or you could say I paid 37 large for splash guards and got a free van)
Exterior Color: modern steel metallic - ie, dark grey
Interior Color: grey
Date Purchased: 3/2/2020
City: St Louis County (Mungenast St Louis Honda for anyone in the 'Lou)
State: MO

Good luck to everyone shopping out there...
Squirreljam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the details.....

Trim: 2020 Odyssey EXL-Navi / RES
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,734
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,900
Add-ons (if any): Splash Guard, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased:3/1/2020 (Actual Deal fixed on 2/27/2020, taken delivery on 3/1/2020)
City:
State: NC

Base and Destination: $34,734
Accessories: $392 (Splash Guard, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray)
Dealer Admin: $598
Tax: $ 1071 (NC has 3% tax rate)

Total OTD: $36,900

After purchase, Added paint and interior protection for additional $650 and this ends with $37,550. This protection might not be needed for others.
Now, planning to take Hondacare from outside dealers for 8yrs/120k miles/0$ deductible with around $1,350. Still in discussion mode whether HondaCare (extended warranty) is needed or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know what the approximate Costco price is on an EXL and EXL nav/res? I'm getting prices around 34500 for exl and 36500 for exl res/nav. If Costco can do better I'll just stop negotiating now and head that way.
Thanks!
I just went in tonight using the Costco program. For a EX-L without RES/Nav I was given a base price of $35,740. They would not budge on a bunch of BS add-ons: theft protection, 3M edge guard, etc. $39,042 out the door price. But the worst part was they wanted to give me about 70% of the book trade value for my current vehicle. They also tried to convince me that their 3rd party warranty was better than HondaCare despite being double the price for the 120k version (vs Hyannis D82 $1345). We did not take the offer, I will be emailing some other dealers this week.

Their invoice also listed another dealer as the recipient. I got the feeling they were trying to double charge me destination, because their invoice showed $34,698 + $1,098 destination.

Salt Lake City, UT. Larry H Miller Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: Elite
Price Paid (base + destination): $42,064.45
Price Paid (out of the door): $44,700
Add-ons (if any):
Date Purchased: 2/28/2020
City: Newport News
State: VA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the details.....

Trim: 2020 Odyssey EXL-Navi / RES
Price Paid (base + destination): $34,734
Price Paid (out of the door): $36,900
Add-ons (if any): Splash Guard, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased:3/1/2020 (Actual Deal fixed on 2/27/2020, taken delivery on 3/1/2020)
City:
State: NC

Base and Destination: $34,734
Accessories: $392 (Splash Guard, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray)
Dealer Admin: $598
Tax: $ 1071 (NC has 3% tax rate)

Total OTD: $36,900

After purchase, Added paint and interior protection for additional $650 and this ends with $37,550. This protection might not be needed for others.
Now, planning to take Hondacare from outside dealers for 8yrs/120k miles/0$ deductible with around $1,350. Still in discussion mode whether HondaCare (extended warranty) is needed or not.
that’s a great deal! What dealer in NC? I’ll be making a trip out that way soon and might purchase on the trip for a price that good. We are just looking for the EX-L without NAV tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: EXL
Price Paid (base + destination): 34,239
Price Paid (out of the door): 38,000
Add-ons (if any): n/a
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Mocha
Date Purchased:2/18/20
City: Bay Area
State: CA

I used truecar to start and one dealership gave me the lowest price of like 33,800 base + destination but then when I dug deeper they added on things like mats, coating, wheel locks etc and told me they did not sell any cars without it which brought the out the door cost way up on the car. Maybe a week later they came back and said they'd give me $37,990 out the door (which does not include all the extras). I shopped around their quote because they have a really bad yelp reputation for playing games with customers. Most places I talked to refused to match their price or even come close at all. Finally I found a dealership that came with an out the door price of $38k as long as we bought presidents day weekend so we jumped on it. The service was quite lacking but they didn't try and play games to bring up the price so we are fairly satisfied.
Can you please share the dealer info? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fantastic thread, thanks for all who contributed. Just got an OTD price on a 2020 EX-L(No Nav/Res) of 35,092. I am in NH, so no tax. Another dealer was willing to do 34,105 for the same, but to me the ~900.00 delta is well worth going with a dealer I have had great past experience with. $35,092 OTD seem like a reasonable deal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fantastic thread, thanks for all who contributed. Just got an OTD price on a 2020 EX-L(No Nav/Res) of 35,092. I am in NH, so no tax. Another dealer was willing to do 34,105 for the same, but to me the ~900.00 delta is well worth going with a dealer I have had great past experience with. $35,092 OTD seem like a reasonable deal?
Can you break down what is base price, destination fee and any other dealer fees. Also, which dealership in NH. Thanks

401 - 420 of 426 Posts